White apron

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by wood8300, Apr 24, 2017.

1. wood8300

wood8300 Registered User

Does your state or county present your EA with a white apron or a Lodge apron? I know some states don't use a white apron and some do. Pennsylvania does not use a white apron well as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

2. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

We use white aprons for the explanation of how to wear the apron during the lectures for the 3 degrees at my lodge in PA. The WM, with the assistance of the guide puts the apron on the Brother and explains how it is to be worn. At my lodge, however, the Brother does not keep the apron, it goes back to be used for the next candidate(s). We have different aprons, white with blue trim and the lodge number on them for use by the brethren at meetings.

tldubb likes this.
  3. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

My Mother Lodge presents the newly Initiated EA with their own lambskin, to be worn with honour during a long career.

Ripcord22A likes this.
  4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

In my mother lodge you are given a white lamb skin apron after being raised.

jermy Bell and Bill Lins like this.
  5. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

I still have my Lambskin and my original blue lodge apron....

6. MWS

MWS Registered User

The responses are very interesting...thank for the question! In my jurisdiction the candidate uses a white Lodge apron for the degree, to be returned after Initiation. When being Passed the candidate uses a different FC Lodge apron, to be returned. We have a number of EA, FC (and MM) aprons in the anteroom for any visitors or candidates who wish to attend after their Initiation. They are finally presented with their very own MM apron to keep after they are Raised to the SD.

7. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

Likewise under GLoTX.

Bro. Landry and Warrior1256 like this.
  8. jermy Bell

jermy Bell Registered User

I've noticed a few lodges I attend, at the end of the 3rd degree, there isn't a apron or bible presentation at the end. But most do. Do you or do you not present the newly raised brother with a apron and bible ?

Warrior1256 likes this.
  9. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Funny the differences in different states, OK it's go to the SW in the wst to be tgt hw to wa yr apr as a/an XYZ.

LK600 and Ripcord22A like this.
  10. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

The correct way :)

11. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Oh for sure! ;)

12. goomba

goomba Neo-Antient Site Benefactor

In Alabama it is required by the Grand Lodge constitution that a lodge give each EA a white apron.

13. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

That's the same thing we do in our ritual, but we just use tyler station aprons during the degrees. Then, after the MM is complete, the WM presents them with their brand-new white apron, Lodge Patent Certificate, lapel pin, Minnesota Masonic Code book, and cipher book.

14. Thomas Stright

Thomas Stright Premium Member

Both happen here in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

jermy Bell and Bill Lins like this.
  15. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

As I stated above in PA we do not receive an apron, nor do we have any certificate, a lapel pin is a lodge decision (ours does not give one), we do get a book outlining proper Masonic actions called "The Exemplar" https://www.amazon.com/Exemplar-Guide-Masons-Actions/dp/B0014ZYYFW Bibles are given out once per year to all Brothers who have been raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason over the past year.

Ritual Manuals (what you refer to as cipher books) are very limited. Each lodge gets 6 or 8 books (I can't remember which) which are numbered and handed out to whomever the WM deems appropriate. You have to sign a tracking sheet in order to be issued one and they are all collected before each December stated meeting by the WM and then turned in to the DDGM, who assures all are present and that the tracking form is in order and then they are given over to the new WM to distribute as he sees fit.

16. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

No Bible, just the apron after the MM degree, not a part of the actual ritual.

17. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Those books are called "white books" cause there white..lol.., in NM and are kept @ the lodge. The cipher book is for the indiv borther to learn the sections and rituals.

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

18. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

In OR the brother is presented with the apron in the ea but then it stays@ they lodge till he's raised. In NM the bro keeps it.
    In Oregon the brother is presented with his dues card Bible code book cipher book law book and certificate of proficiency by the worshipful master immediately after being pronounced proficient in open Lodge. I don't know about the Bible in New Mexico

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

19. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Yes our are "Purple Books." We have only to memorize the means of recognition. The other proficiencies are more a proof of knowledge rather than any memorized dialog. You only need memorize anything past the modes of recognition if you are to be an Elected or Appointed Officer of your lodge or you are to occupy a Chair for Degrees.

HoldenMonty likes this.
  20. Brother_Steve

Brother_Steve Premium Member

We present the newly initiated EA with a white lambskin apron.

We used to do bibles after the Master Mason proficiency exam was passed. Now we give them after they are raised.

jermy Bell likes this.

Share My Freemasonry