My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has their rocker or wants one?

Are you a Past Master or do you want to be?

• Yes

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Yes I will be in less than 3 years

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I can see myself in the east 5-10 years from now

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I will be many years from now probably

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Maybe but no as of right now.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • No I really have no desire

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

PeterLT

Premium Member
I always thought it was the "That's not the way we did it during my year Club"!
wink.gif

It is. It also has a concordant body called the "You can't do that!" Club.

Peter

Ashton Lawson

Premium Member
Again with 3's, it just occurred to me the year will be 2013, I'll be 33, it will be my 3rd year as a Mason, and the 3rd officer position I will have held.

Wow. The 3 is strong with me.

Christopher

I'm currently Junior Deacon at my lodge. If things go according to plan, I will be WM in four years and will be 28 years old at time of installation.

peace out

Premium Member
Are there usually timelines to this? I've only been an MM for a few weeks now. I understand there is usually a progression to it. A year to each station or something along those lines?

Though my youth still kicks in sometimes and would gladly take an helm, my age now dictates that I would like more time to soak up the "feel" of the place for a while.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Don't worry about it. Just do whatever you can to help your Lodge & in time, if found worthy, you shall have it. Just let your Brethren know that you are willing to work.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Yes. But it's totally up to the brethren of my two lodges. I would like to become a voting member of the Grand Lodge of Texas and to be among the men I've grown to admire for their service in the East. From all appearances, it's a good measure of a man. Peace, harmony, and respect for the East and the GLoTx is a must, but growth of yourself and the lodge are always hoped for. If called upon, I will be twice past master in the next four years.

Either way, I fully intend to work with candidates, help out with degrees, and continue my study and growth as a mason. Can't see that changing much. That's why I am a mason. Like they say, U swim R U die.

Timothy Fleischer

Brother,
It is a GREAT thing that fathers and sons can be Brothers as well.
I hope someday my son will ask. My nephew has and I was so fortunate to have conferred his FC and MM degrees.
I was Senior Deacon on his EA degree.
While I was Master of our Lodge in Salado, we had a Grandfather, Father and Son serving in various offices: Treasurer, Deacon and Steward.
What a gift for a father to give his son.
Tim

Timothy Fleischer

I want some day to be the Old Tiler..... they seem to be our conscious and memory. I love the Old Tiler talks that come across my email and attention periodically.

PatrickPurvis

I'm currently Master at Salado #296, I am 49, raised in 2006....that will make me a Past Master in 6 months

Patrick Purvis
M.M. 2006
S.D 2007-2008
J.W. 2008-2009
S.W. 2009-2010
W.M. 2010-2011
Salado Lodge 296
Salado, TX

MikeMay

Premium Member
My Dad turned 60 in his year I was his Senior Deacon, good times man good times. I hope it is not coming off wrong but I am a big fan of Dad's having their sons in Lodge. :)

I hope one day my son will sit in the lodge as well... :thumbup1:

PeterLT

Premium Member
I just became IPM of our Lodge and invested my son as the new Inner Guard. It was a great year, kinda sad to let go.

Peter

Hippie19950

Premium Member
I have not given up on either son becoming a Mason, I just hope they don't so as so many others do, and wait until the witness the Masonic Service... I have met many who waited until then, and petitioned, as they felt it was a good thing towards their Dad or Granddad. Unfortunately, most of them don't follow through. At least with Dad around, you can still get a boot if you don't do your Homework :) I am a few months away from having my "Rocker". I don't know that I will immediately miss the pressure, but I seem to do best under pressure... I hope all who come into the East do so for the Lodge, and consider the R\"rocker" as a reward for a "Job Well Done".