My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the disrespect?

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
either that or resting their chin on their chest and snoring when the minutes are being read. seen that a few times.

L

lee c smith jr

cpmorgan,
What kind of disrespect are you subjected to? You dont need to give too many details, but I don't understand fully. Is it something done to you or is it what's not done that upsets you. In my experience, some of the older master masons tend to place distance between themselves and a newer brother. I experienced this with several brothers that ended up being some of my best friends and guides. The only reason that I could come up with was that older brethern have seen alot of dropouts. In addition they have usually suffered and/or lost alot. Some felt that they were just trying to protect themselves until they could see if we were going to stick. Remember Masons are people too...NO PEDESTALS!

Last edited by a moderator:

js4253

Premium Member
Premium Member
Some people, including Masons, like to brag about their accomplishments, tenure and knowledge to the point of making a newby feel inferior . I find that the people who gain my respect are quiet, dedicated, loyal and know their work. They don't have to brag, they just set example. Most of the time they will not correct anyone unless asked. But you can bet their answer will be correct. This is the type of Mason I hope to be someday.:eek:

G

GMO

Gentlemen, change is tough. I have watched Bro. Joey and Blake work hard at being good Masons (and they are), but as a 40 (almost) year Mason and at age 60 I still find things difficult because I have always pushed the envelope. Last Sat. I was at a York Rite meeting, not only was I the youngest there, I was the only one NOT retired. Most of thse guys have forgotten making a living, family, job obligations, etc. To all the YOUNG Masons - you are the ones who will run the show down the road; remember the lessons you are learning now.

Glen A. Sachtleben
Gonzales #30