My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Women Freemasons

Should women be allowed to become Freemasons?

• Yes

Votes: 21 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 205 85.1%
  • Doesn't matter either way

Votes: 15 6.2%

• Total voters

Dame357

You don't have to go to England to find one of the tiny lodges that admit both men and women or women only. There are several in the US. As our lodges do they have events that are open to non-members. Anyone can go to such an event without violating any obligation. Passing one of their tilers is an entirely different matter. Join such a lodge, pass one of their tilers and you can't attend one of our lodges and vice versa. The difference in population is enormous and that says much about the effectiveness of female and coed lodges in general but they are sure to have top notch individual members.

What GL are you apart of?

Freemason Connect HD

GeNomeZ

Premium Member
My jurisdictions are listed in my signature on each post.

I think he is probably using the iOS app. I don't see your signature in the app either unless I look at your profile. I opened your post on the website and then I see it in the post.

Freemason Connect HD

FlBrother324

Should women be allowed to become Freemasons?

Br. Bowden,

Men and women are fundamentally different, as stated in previous posts. Those Brothers that are OES (like myself) know how different those meetings are compared to regular Blue Lodge tiled meetings, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. That being said, we shouldn't be coerced into political correctness which will fundamentally change our Fraternity.

People seek out others with similar mindsets, because we enjoy interacting with them on that specific level. Unfortunately, there will always be individuals who believe they are Entitled to, or have the Right to belong, whether they do or not.

It would be like having a private family function at your home, and an individual walking by, believes they have the Right to join in the festivities because they live in the same town as you do. Should you be required to admit or accept them just because they wanted to join in so as not to be left out of the festivities?

A question that has been raised by others I have spoken with about this subject is; What do you do about the degrees? They would have to be modified from there present configurations, for obvious reasons!

Don't get me wrong, I believe in equal rights for all, but that does not include the invasion of Private groups, whether they be male, female, religious sects, or any other orders.

Why do people feel the need to homogenize every aspect of society? We are all different, which is healthy! Otherwise we would be a Collective of mindless robots walking lock-step through our collective existence.

If they want to form a separate organization great, more power to them. But just because a Swallow has wings and flies south for the winter, doesn't mean it can call itself a duck
and expect to be reclassified as a duck, because it says so. No more so, than a duck expecting the same in return.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to be in a Private group or organization. They have limited access to non-members, with a set of rules and guidelines of their choosing. If they chose to abide by and maintain them such as they are, without the threat of outside invasiveness being expected from those that feel they have the right to belong, so be it.

Yours, in His service.

Last edited:

dfreybur

Premium Member
What GL are you a part of?

California and Illinois at present. Currently waiting on the dual membership paperwork to wind through the offices of 2 lodges and 2 GLs to affiliate with a Texas lodge. All 3 states soon enough. Boss Lady says - I am not to go through the line again while here. We'll see how long it takes her to relent on the point.

jasper7788

In keeping with tradition and oaths. I do not think women should be allowed in the fraternity. There are fraternities that are women only. There are sororities. I believe the sanctity of freemasonry should stay the way it is.

Freemason Connect HD

jasper7788

Most are to my belief. I could be wrong. I have seen women with Masonic rings and necklaces, but I personally don't engage in Masonic conversation with them.

Freemason Connect HD

Steve1mufc

Women can not become masons. Not recognised by the grand lodge of England and is clandestine. I think you can be expelled from freemasonry if you enter one of these lodges.

Freemason Connect HD

mas2500

This is just a thought, but why don't we give Women there own Lodges?...

Future mason from born from the past ones.

Steve1mufc

I think they have they do but they can't be recognised as masons. They have the eastern star I think but i don't think women will ever be allowed into freemasonry it would upset a lot of people and cause problems.

Freemason Connect HD

mas2500

I think they have they do but they can't be recognised as masons. They have the eastern star I think but i don't think women will ever be allowed into freemasonry it would upset a lot of people and cause problems.
Yet we are in a time of change, anything is possible

Freemason Connect HD

Steve1mufc

I think especially under UGLE it would definitely upset senior masons, I have spoken about this before in the lodge and it was dismissed straight away and laughed at. Personally I can't ever see it working. The history and traditions of masonry could be jeopardised allowing women into the craft.

Freemason Connect HD

Steve1mufc

Plus fundamental elements of each degree would have to be changed to accommodate women. I'm not sure why a women would want to join a fraternity anyway.

Freemason Connect HD

mas2500

Plus fundamental elements of each degree would have to be changed to accommodate women. I'm not sure why a women would want to join a fraternity anyway.

Freemason Connect HD

Equality, part of being human.

Steve1mufc

Some are more equal than others. If I attempted to join the women's institute it would be rejected as its only open to women. To much of this liberal nonsense these days.

Freemason Connect HD