My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GLs that dont recognize PHA

David Carroll jr

I think the whole " can someone get into this lodge in this state because he's black" is irrelevant. I know a brother in Utah who is black that was raised in the mainstream lodge but then was blackballed for York Rite because of some people in the old guard. In NC a black man or any man for that matter can petition a lodge , however there still is some animosity as far as whether or not they'd get in. Just because a state recognizes PH doesn't mean racism still doesn't exist and vice versa. Ex: even though FL LA MS and GA don't recognize PHA I hope a man of any color would be admitted into their lodge..: and I'm sure it's happened once or twice

Regardless .... Just remember to do good unto all and that EVERY human being has a claim on your kind offices

Although Louisiana Grand Lodge does not recognize PHA yet, we do have a few men of color in the Louisiana GL. Of course this was much to chagrin and consternation of some of our more seasoned but not very mature Brethern.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Glen Cook

I should have clarified . He was raised in Indiana and was blackballed for YR there. He now lives in Utah.
Well, that makes me feel better about my jurisdiction.

Still have him look me up if he wishes to attend lodge.

I do wonder, though, how did he know the reason for the blackball?