My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Lodge of Georgia Bans Gay Men

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
No institution has the inherent right to judge my relationships, and any attempt to do so will cause me to disassociate with them. Brethren who are members of the GLGA who disagree with this edict (regardless of orientation) should vote with their feet.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
No institution has the inherent right to judge my relationships, and any attempt to do so will cause me to disassociate with them. Brethren who are members of the GLGA who disagree with this edict (regardless of orientation) should vote with their feet.
Inherent right? No. As a condition of association? Quite clearly so. For instance, regular Masons have limitations on their relationship with clandestine Masons. Religious institutions have any number of limitations on relationships. The military has limitations on relationships, enforced by the power to imprison.

Joaben

Inherent right? No. As a condition of association? Quite clearly so. For instance, regular Masons have limitations on their relationship with clandestine Masons. Religious institutions have any number of limitations on relationships. The military has limitations on relationships, enforced by the power to imprison.
"Regularity" is just pretention to be ... The FIRST quality for a mason is freedom. So, military comparison is irrelevant. "Clandestine" is another word but just another pretention ! Masonic rules are predominent to profanous rules of GLs. And masonic rules ban sexist, offense on freedom, fraternity, equality.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
"Regularity" is just pretention to be ...
Regularity has to do with what are accepted standards within a specific jurisdiction. It is not a pretention. It is a standard of operation and each jurisdiction has those standards. When the standards match, are viewed as compatible and requests for recognition extended, evaluation for potential agreement is explored.
The FIRST quality for a mason is freedom.
Yup. But you are perhaps using the word "mason" and "freemason" synonymously, and when you do, you shall assume that "freedom" is a quality for a freemason. It is not. They obligate themselves to a GL and hence are not free; they are bound.
So, military comparison is irrelevant.
Well, sort of, but not really.
"Clandestine" is another word but just another pretention !
You sure are good at making this up as you go!
Masonic rules are predominent to profanous rules of GLs.
Predominent [SIC]? I hope you mean "foundational and preferred "
Profanous [SIC]? No such word in the English language, that I can find. I hope you mean "organizational" without meaning anything disrespectful.
And masonic rules ban sexist, offense on freedom, fraternity, equality.
You sure have an odd understanding about all this. Masonry is about building things. Freemasonry is about running a theatrical society of which each jurisdiction decides for itself how it wants to do that, and with whom.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
So, you believe women and non-believers should be members of the Fraternity?
One of the main reasons that I joined Freemasonry is that it is a fraternity. If the day comes when Freemasonry admits women that will be that day that I demit. Why is it only sexist if it is "males only". I don't hear anyone calling sororities sexist.

R

Ressam

One of the main reasons that I joined Freemasonry is that it is a fraternity. If the day comes when Freemasonry admits women that will be that day that I demit. Why is it only sexist if it is "males only". I don't hear anyone calling sororities sexist.
Maybe, cause -- girls in these "sororities" may (I don't know how to say) "accept" guys(gay-guys) to their feminine society.
When the gay-boy becomes -- sth. like their "girl-friend", & they talk to each other, go together to WC, etc.
But, yes! You are right! IMHO -- all these "schizms" were bad thing.
Startin' to accept -- women & atheists -- was Big Mistake! IMHO.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Maybe, cause -- girls in these "sororities" may (I don't know how to say) "accept" guys(gay-guys) to their feminine society.
When the gay-boy becomes -- sth. like their "girl-friend", & they talk to each other, go together to WC, etc.

wait-what.jpg

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
One of the main reasons that I joined Freemasonry is that it is a fraternity. If the day comes when Freemasonry admits women that will be that day that I demit. ...
I joined a male-craft version of Freemasonry for specific reasons. Not because it was a "frat!"

Freemasonry has versions that admit other genders. I have no interest in them.

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
a. So, if an issue is hotly debated by the public, we may not take a stand? Where do you find this rule?
b. What are these core teachings and where do you find them?

a. Again that is not even almost what I said. When you began to come across with a more brotherly tone then I will reply.
b. I find them in Freemasonic education and study.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Wad up, Coach! :)
Shortly, I mean that: ladies in sororities are not opposite to accept men(gay) to their gang/crew.
That's why public don't call them "sexist".

Have you ever considered, even for at least a moment, that your view is itself unbelievably "sexist"?

Last edited:
R

Ressam

Have you ever considered, even for at least a moment, that your view is itself unbelievably "sexist"?
No.
We are equal -- women &men! God Love is -- the same for everyone!
The difference is just in -- "functions".
We got different "duties".

JJones

Freemasonry has versions that admit other genders. I have no interest in them.

But is it really Freemasonry?

I've seen topics started before (not necessarily on these forums) where the OP was an atheist, or a woman, and asking if they can still become a Freemason. My knee jerk reaction is 'nope', but usually someone will direct them to some irregular order.

Still, I think this is covered pretty well by my obligation, so...either these other 'versions' are not Freemasonry, or brethren are breaking their obligations because they don't want to tell someone 'no'.

Joaben

"Regularity has to do with what are accepted standards"
OK ! any group have rules and members regular to these rules.
Freedom is the FIRST quality Because RITUALS states by the answer at "What is a freemason ?"
Sorry, but the quality of freemason does not refer to any GL but through the answer at "How can I recognize you as a freemason ?" Everything is mentionned at the initiation and known by the tiler.
GL is a facultative body(no GL before 1717 and many lodges are out of any juridiction).
The ones who reject women or atheist as freemasons engage themselves only.
I can say I dont recognize such individuals as humans but it only involves my opinion.
Seriouly, a rational approach shoud examine where you find any reason in the basis of freemasonery to sexism or exigence of an hypocrit belief in something that nobody is able to say what it is.
I can attest that in my lodge in UK about 90 % don't practice any religious ceremony, don't believe in the reality of what is said in the Bible, but sing "God save ... etc".
Even full atheist sing "God save ..."
It is a question a priority : Apparently, for you, freemasonery is affair of "juridiction". For me, freemasonery (no matter any juridiction) states "universal fraternity", equality, freedom before any fidelity to any organisational body.
NB : Sorry ... my Ipad decides for me some words ...

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
But is it really Freemasonry?
Yes. It is when you understand exactly what Freemasonry actually is.

When you don't understand what it actually is, you're programmed by its rules, mythologies and lore to deny it AND you cannot help but do so.
I've seen topics started before (not necessarily on these forums) where the OP was an atheist, or a woman, and asking if they can still become a Freemason. My knee jerk reaction is 'nope', but usually someone will direct them to some irregular order.
Which are red herrings because they are all based upon the mythology and lore and not the reality of what the organization actually is.
Still, I think this is covered pretty well by my obligation, ...
Yup, the mythology and lore...
...so...either these other 'versions' are not Freemasonry, or brethren are breaking their obligations because they don't want to tell someone 'no'.
Or it is something that very few dare to consider: The Organization is a Franchise Total-Immersion Life-Action Role-Playing Theatrical Society whose rules, mythologies and lore are purposefully designed to maintain the Illusion that it is not AND that sabotage any efforts to establish competitive alternatives to what it offers to a select target market.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member

I am not sure how much of this post is misunderstood due to "translation barrier" or not. The data remains the same, and not entirely correct.

Sororities (at least here in the United States) do not openly accept men as a rule, homosexual or not. That is the key difference between a Fraternity and a Sorority, men to one... women to the other.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
"Regularity has to do with what are accepted standards"
OK ! any group have rules and members regular to these rules.
Freedom is the FIRST quality Because RITUALS states by the answer at "What is a freemason ?"
Look! do you see it? You just jumped from what you originally posted:
Joaben said:
The FIRST quality for a mason is freedom.
and you are using a different word! You're using these words synonymously! No wonder you have such angered confusion. You also assume that all Rituals have the same response; they do not.
"Sorry, but the quality of freemason does not refer to any GL but through the answer at "How can I recognize you as a freemason ?"
If you're going to use the two words synonymously, you're not going to get any traction here. Freemasons are members of a GL. Masons are builders who follow principles that when applied, assist them in building soundly. Freemasonry points its members toward Masonry, but it doesn't do anything to help them perfect their Building efforts.
Everything is mentionned at the initiation and known by the tiler.
Everything? The meaning of life, the universe and exact nature of reality kinda stuff?
GL is a facultative body(no GL before 1717 and many lodges are out of any juridiction).
yup, sure is facultative...
The ones who reject women or atheist as freemasons engage themselves only.
so?
I can say I dont recognize such individuals as humans but it only involves my opinion.
WOW! I guess I should not be surprised at this at this point.
Seriouly, a rational approach shoud examine where you find any reason in the basis of freemasonery to sexism or exigence of an hypocrit belief in something that nobody is able to say what it is.
Ah! There's the rub! a rational approach! Good luck with that. You're not likely to find many supporters who shall do anything more than give you lip service on this one.
I can attest that in my lodge in UK about 90 % don't practice any religious ceremony, don't believe in the reality of what is said in the Bible, but sing "God save ... etc".
I'm delighted that you have found a place of comfort.
Even full atheist sing "God save ..."
It is a question a priority : Apparently, for you, freemasonery is affair of "juridiction". For me, freemasonery (no matter any juridiction) states "universal fraternity", equality, freedom before any fidelity to any organisational body.
NB : Sorry ... my Ipad decides for me some words ...
Understood! Godspeed you in your Travels.