Is this a deal breaker?

Discussion in 'Becoming a Freemason' started by Awelton, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Awelton

Awelton Premium Member

Since I made this post I have had my initiation and I'm working on memorizing my cat right now. I still get emails saying I have received replies to this thread, and I've been enjoying my lessons on kilts!

2. Winter

Winter Premium Member

Glad we can help, Brother!

Joseph Thornton likes this.
  3. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Welcome to the family once adopted Brother.

4. Scoops

Scoops Registered User

Congratulations, Brother.

5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Congratulations! It's good to call you Brother.

6. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

7. bezobrazan

bezobrazan Registered User

I'm a very private person & two types of people are always welcome; friends & family & the pizza delivery guy. And since I consider all my Brothers friends & family, they don't have to show up with a pizza to gain entry.

Derinique Kendrick likes this.
  8. king82

king82 Registered User

I'm from the McNally clan mainly and couple more. Place close attention to the Freemason tartan. Every color was used in a ascertain building. We all know which I think.

Joseph Thornton likes this.
  9. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

If you are speaking of the Freemason Universal Tartan, the Utah product is to represent differing organizations in the Masonic family.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  10. king82

king82 Registered User

There is a lecture with tells content of said building and what it contains and the colors used in it and the tabard are exactly the same.

11. Glen Cook

I'm not entirely sure of what you mean, but as I was responsible for having this particular tartan registered, I am fairly familiar with its genesis.

Additionally, there is no lecture regarding the Freemasons Universal Tartan.

12. king82

king82 Registered User

I know that but its hard to explain without just saying it. Guess we just forget about it.

13. Glen Cook

Soo, just say it. There is no ritualistic significance to the Freemasons Univeral Tartan.

14. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

I think hes trying to say that one of the degs lectures mentions something about colors and that the masonic tartan uses those colors....i think maybe
    ...idk...i dont wear dresses...lol...just kidding. Well i mean i dont wear dresses but oh never mind...lol

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

15. Glen Cook

The Freemason Universal Tartan does not reference colours from any degree, but from colours attributed to various Masonuc bodies. See http://www.utahgrandlodge.org/freemasons-universal-tartan.html

As for you wearing a dress, we don't judge :)

Warrior1256 likes this.
  16. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

A nice, informative article. Thanks for sharing Brother. I learn more about Masonry on this forum that I do in lodge. Until this discussion started on the Freemason Universal Tartan started I didn't even know that one existed.

17. acjohnson53

How bout pizza and beer, or beer and barbecue, and a Happy Fourth of July...

Bill Lins and Ripcord22A like this.
  18. Joseph Thornton

Joseph Thornton Registered User

Dress just means "what you are wearing" if you are wearing jeans and a t shirt, that is how you are "dressed".

As for kilts (skirts) it was a men's garment (still is) BEFORE it was ever a women's garment. Just like pants were a men's garment first.

I dont get offended easily about kilt jokes. I participate in the jokes and laugh it off. I also give em back just as well as I take em so if you wanna throw jokes, you better able to take em too. Especially if I EVER hear you mispeak something that could be twisted against you. I will twist if for you and use it against you. :)

Having said that, you may want to exercise caution with "dress" remarks, some of the kilt types are tough folks and dont take too kindly to that.

19. acjohnson53

Masonic attire depending on the season and jurisdiction, most brothers dress to the nines, me myself like wearing my black suit, black tie, white gloves, with black shoes and apron...you can see me coming...

20. acjohnson53

and white shirt of course...

Share My Freemasonry