My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AASR-SJ

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
That is not the case. There is no memorization work in the Scottish Rite unless you end up taking a part in a degree.
This can very from jurisdiction to jurisdiction we had to show proficiency from 1-31 at our local consistory then a class president from each consistory was chosen to demonstrate s , g , pw , & sw for the class as a whole at the COD workshop and everyone had to take a final multiple choice exam 40 questions but there is no Q&A section for each degree as in 1-3 . I don't see this being done for those who go through a reunion 1-3 days we took the long route about 6 months

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
This can very from jurisdiction to jurisdiction we had to show proficiency from 1-31 at our local consistory then a class president from each consistory was chosen to demonstrate s , g , pw , & sw for the class as a whole at the COD workshop and everyone had to take a final multiple choice exam 40 questions but there is no Q&A section for each degree as in 1-3
What? Thats crazy! So much info, so fast, what happened if someone failed that quiz?

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
This can very from jurisdiction to jurisdiction we had to show proficiency from 1-31 at our local consistory then a class president from each consistory was chosen to demonstrate s , g , pw , & sw for the class as a whole at the COD workshop and everyone had to take a final multiple choice exam 40 questions but there is no Q&A section for each degree as in 1-3 . I don't see this being done for those who go through a reunion 1-3 days we took the long route about 6 months
But that isn't memorizing the ritual of the degree

mrpierce17

Premium Member
But that was the question: "I would like to know how brothers memorize the 4° to 32°"
Not the entire entire historical accounts but we did have to go through the s, g, pw & sw while going through proficiency for each house to me that's memorization but I see what you are referring to on the original question in hand

mrpierce17

Premium Member
Wow. Neither of my valleys use any of them.

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app
Lmfao that's why a test at the end is required and we show proficiency before moving on to the next house if you can visit a consistory who has members that can take them all the way up I would encourage you to visit them it's a sight to see if your ever able to visit Florida PHAs COD workshop they do it every year