My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AASR-SJ

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I noticed that the web site doesn't have the leadership listed at all, at least not where I could find it. I think adding the leadership and their Masonic BIOs would be a great addition....anyone know how to contact the temple for this type of suggestion?

Bloke

Premium Member
I noticed that the web site doesn't have the leadership listed at all, at least not where I could find it. I think adding the leadership and their Masonic BIOs would be a great addition....anyone know how to contact the temple for this type of suggestion?
Contact the webmaster ?

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Not trying to get off track with the current tread, but I have a question. I recently started my journey through the Scottish Rite. I am now a 14° mason. If I choose to, could I stop where I am or do I have to advance to the 32° ? Just curious

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
uh......ive never met someone that hasn't gone all the way. Depending on your Valley it would limit your ability to participate. in Oregon the 4 bodies met independently, here in NM the all meet together. You wouldn't be able to attend here in NM as all 4 bodies are open, you also would only be able to participate in the 1st part of a reunion as well, Why would you not want to continue unless you just want to drop out all together for the AASR?

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Thank you for answering the question brother. It's not that I don't won't to or I'm not going to finish, I was curious as to if a man didn't won't to go all the way through.

Sent from my 831C using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Then he shouldn't join the AASR. Like Bro Dfreybur said above, its kinda like not advancing in your blue lodge, although that probably isn't a perfect analogy as some people get initiated and then realize its not all secrets and gold. You are a lucky one in that you are able to get you AASR degrees separately and not at a reunion. Most valleys do a reunion a couple times a year and confer the degrees in a couple days, so once ya got em, ya got em. But with the YR there are 3 distinctly different bodies and you can go as far as you want or not.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
uh......ive never met someone that hasn't gone all the way. Depending on your Valley it would limit your ability to participate. in Oregon the 4 bodies met independently, here in NM the all meet together. You wouldn't be able to attend here in NM as all 4 bodies are open, you also would only be able to participate in the 1st part of a reunion as well, Why would you not want to continue unless you just want to drop out all together for the AASR?
In theory yes, but why would you want to. It's more like getting your EA degree then failing to advance than any other example I could think of.
Excellent questions and advice. I can see where someone may want to stop at at particular point in the York Rite but not the AASR.

chrmc

Thank you for answering the question brother. It's not that I don't won't to or I'm not going to finish, I was curious as to if a man didn't won't to go all the way through.

Sent from my 831C using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

In several parts of the world the degrees are not given at festivals, and it's quite common for brethren never to make it past 18 degree for instance.
It's only here in the US that we hunger for the high numbers ;)

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Not trying to get off track with the current tread, but I have a question. I recently started my journey through the Scottish Rite. I am now a 14° mason. If I choose to, could I stop where I am or do I have to advance to the 32° ? Just curious
I know people in AASR SJ who haven't progressed, usually due to perceptions of time availability.