My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Age and Time

At what age did you become a Mason

• 18-28

Votes: 33 44.0%
  • 29-38

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • 39-48

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • 49-58

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • 59-68

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 69-78

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
Brother, I am a new MM and I hope that you will excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by "healed".
In Prince Hall masonry when a individual has been entered passed or raised in a lodge deemed to be clandestine by the PH GL he can partition a legally constituted Prince Hall Lodge and request to be healed over into Prince Hall masonry therefore healing what was broken witch in most cases is the linage back to African Lodge #459 our mother lodge and thus to the U.G.L.E. and if I am wrong about any of this one of you more informed brothers please correct me . The W.M. can then have the candidate wishing to be healed examined and go through the degrees again or just retake his Master Mason oath and obligation it is at this time the W.M 's will and pleasure

Last edited:

dfreybur

Premium Member
There are clandestine jurisdictions that don't use the words "Prince Hall" in their names. It's just more common for them to use the words. So healing could happen in any jurisdiction but is more common in MWPHGLofXX.

A few months ago I was visiting a lodge in my district and the previous meeting a man had presented a dues card from a jurisdiction with "St James" in its name but no "Prince Hall" in its name. So it happens. Likely the man had no idea when he petitioned.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
In Prince Hall masonry when a individual has been entered passed or raised in a lodge deemed to be clandestine by the PH GL he can partition a legally constituted Prince Hall Lodge and request to be healed over into Prince Hall masonry therefore healing what was broken witch in most cases is the linage back to African Lodge #459 our mother lodge and thus to the U.G.L.E. and if I am wrong about any of this one of you more informed brothers please correct me . The W.M. can then have the candidate wishing to be healed examined and go through the degrees again or just retake his Master Mason oath and obligation it is at this time the W.M 's will and pleasure
Thank you for the information brother, I'm still learning.

Companion Joe

Premium Member
I was 22 when I became a Mason. I have been a Mason for 20+ years.
The only reason I didn't join at 21 is because I was in the Navy at the time and waited until I got home.