My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**** and ******

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Should all Lodges have these columns at the entrance? I believe they should but I've seen many who do not or have them shoved into a corner.

Sorry for the words **** out. I have filters in place for certain words.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hippie19950

Premium Member
I have not yet been to many Lodges, but the ones I have visited have them in place. I think they should be in place. I have also heard there are many Lodges that are not setup in actual East to West, mainly because of space restraints. If that is the case, I guess it is OK, but feel they should be set up as we are taught. As I saw the "emblems" I knew the words, and understood why they were not printed, a good filter.

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
For the first time I saw a Lodge (Winslow #13) with then on the side s of the SW! I just thought they where Texas had them? See my photo Album.

Last edited by a moderator:

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I think they should be if they are nice and presentable, many Lodges pillars are lacking to say the least and in my opinion the Lodge room would look alot nicer with them in the closet. I wish we all had beautiful pillars to display but with the price on those bad boys it might be awhile before that is the case.

Wingnut

Premium Member
Agreed, dont have the time to look it up but it specificly says in the Law book what needs to be present...

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
btw, you can tell anyone the names of the pillars.

**** is Ruth's husband, which we read of in the book of Ruth. ****** was the first high priest of the temple, which we read of in Kings.

You can see this passage of scripture:

1 Kings 7:13-22

Then he made two nets of checker work with wreaths of chain work for the capitals upon the tops of the pillars; a net for the one capital, and a net for the other capital. Likewise he made pomegranates; in two rows round about upon the one network, to cover the capital that was upon the top of the pillar; and he did the same with the other capital. Now the capitals that were upon the tops of the pillars in the vestibule were of lily-work, four cubits. The capitals were upon the two pillars and also above the rounded projection which was beside the network; there were two hundred pomegranates, in two rows round about; and so with the other capital. He set up the pillars at the vestibule of the Temple; he set up the pillar on the south and called its name ******; and he set up the pillar on the north and called its name ****. And upon the tops of the pillars was lily-work. Thus the work of the pillars was finished.

I took out a line of your original post that gives away what those words might mean, though.

Last edited:

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
A pair of dogs named ****** and **** would be pretty damned cool. or rather, name twins that.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
i still think twin boys named ****** and **** would be awesome.

or a pair of dogs.