Another step forward

Discussion in 'Becoming a Freemason' started by Bushi1971, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Bushi1971

Bushi1971 Registered User

I stopped down before one of their meetings unannounced. After that I was invited to dinner a couple of times and then submitted my petition. One of the brothers signed my petition and now we’re on to the next step.

dfreybur and Warrior1256 like this.
  2. Bushi1971

Bushi1971 Registered User

Well this has turned into something I didn’t want it to.

3. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Dating is one thing, getting married having and raising children is another and, in Freemasonry you should be talking about a deep and lifelong commitment, not having a date and if it doesn't work out, just moving on to the next. Likewise with friends, you might give your trusted friend your house keys, but not an acquaintance; and you move to "friend" after a long period of association and observation. There is only two brothers in my mother lodge I would not give me house keys to, one because I've only ever spoken to him on the phone once, the other, because I silently question if he should be a brother.. the other 39 men, I would hand over my keys quickly, indeed, many of them I would hand my credit card and pin to.

But this conversation is silly, it is a requirement you are checked out before you are initiated, some lodges have low standards in that, others high, but if you continued with this thinking in a lodge I was in, you'd have a slow journey before I considered giving you a petition.

4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Great! Keep us apprised of your progress.

5. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Just to let you know, this forum has an ignore feature. I found the conversation confusing until I saw a little button at the bottom to show ignored content. Ah right. I'd forgotten who was in my ignore list. I keep the list short but having a few users ignored improves the experience.

Keith C and Warrior1256 like this.
  6. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Lol....Good advice. Thanks Brother.

Share My Freemasonry