My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Astronomy or Astrology?

cog41

Premium Member
It's interesting to see which topics get a response on this site and which don't.

Yes it is.

One reason may be folks would rather be fed than have to feed themselves.
Another may be they simply don't want to discuss in the manner a topic is presented.
Some have set beliefs and fear an argument instead of reasonable discussion.
Some just don't want to talk at all.

Just don't take offence.

Keep putting it out there.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Sometimes to get a discussion going you might try posing a question. When I originally looked at this thread I just thought it was a series of quotes and nothing more.

widows son

Premium Member
To he honest is rather feed myself. But there's a lot of posts here and everyone of them has a myriad of questions that could be asked,, all of these posts are quotes from other men studying this field, who are all influential in our Masonic lives. I see them as something to ponder on. I've saved all of them for reading in the future ( in case this thread becomes closed) so godfrey keep it up brother, there is someone here who enjoys what your doing, even though one may not respond, it doesn't mean nothing is being absorbed.

widows son

Premium Member
I believe they weren't aware of the nature of the earth. They didn't know anything about the geosphere, and thought there was an opening in the poles. I think it's no different than masons trying to locate Atlantis, which despite thousands of years looking, still haven't found anything. This hollow earth nonsense has been resurfacing again, and of course is proven wrong by that fact that we know what's inside of the earth. If it was hollow, there wouldn't be a core, which in turn earth would be without a magnetic field, and some will say " well Jupiter doesn't have a solid core and is technically "hollow" and it has a magnetic field" but that's due to Jupiter being a gas giant and about a third of they way down into jupiter the hydrogen becomes compressed and metallic, and due to the fast rotation creates a magnetic field. As far as Atlantis is concerned, IMO it's an allegory, the perfect model of a society. If there's any actuality to Atlantis, I think if it is anywhere, it's north America. There is evidence that the Greeks and Egyptians travelled to the new world 1000's of years before the Europeans. There is proof in some mummies who have traces of tobacco and cocaine in their systems, which in the ancient Mayan and Aztecs used in religious ceremonies ( kinda reminds me of DMT in acacia you've mentioned before). Some more evidence is that you don't even need to cross the oceans, one just need to sail along the coastlines. Out of gibraltar one can sail up, hugging the coast of portugal, and Spain, all the way up to Britain, still not losing sight of coastline, on to Greenland and south to Newfoundland and the rest of the new world. It's not impossible to do. This is touched on in Uriel's machine, by Christopher night and Robert lomas, who wrote the Hiram key series, and also other scholars have studied and somewhat proven this.

widows son

Premium Member
Lol sorry for the misinterpretation. The sea people are the ones who invaded Egypt and are still unknown? If so that's a great hypothesis, it would make sense. I believe in the few writing of them by the Egyptians, they mention their attire which sounds to resemble those who lived in the Greek islands. Interesting.

widows son

Premium Member
Well the Phoenicians were quite advanced, you can sort of see why. They were close to a major the trade route to Asia, I could imagine Tyre as a multicultural metropolis. I'm sure they gained a lot of k owl edge because of that.

Godfrey Daniel

Well the Phoenicians were quite advanced, you can sort of see why. They were close to a major the trade route to Asia, I could imagine Tyre as a multicultural metropolis. I'm sure they gained a lot of k owl edge because of that.

They cornered the market

Last edited:

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I have heard the theory that the Minoans were the Sea People. To me it is quite plausible. I have been to the ruins of Knossos a couple of times and they are quite impressive. That had some of the comforts we enjoy today back then, like plumbed water into the dwellings and indoor bathrooms. When did we get that here in America? Some people like to think of the ancient cultures as primitive because they did not have the level of technology that we have today. To me we need to give them more credit for their technology.

I was being facetious with the Hollow Earth thing. Guess I'll have to start using the :001_rolleyes: guys.

I kind of figured that. What is surprising is the number of people that subscribe to that theory along with the Flat Earth.

Back to the original topic here though. I have always been a big astronomy buff. I never really got the astrology thing though. There are a ton of interesting theories out there right now and I love reading about them. Right now I am reading a paper on faster-than-light travel. I will find the link that I originally was looking at. It does sound like a possibility and NASA has given the green light to further study.