My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At what point?

dfreybur

Premium Member
Do all lodges mandaite dues?

Of course. All organizations that have assets have bills. The bills must be paid.

Since when did becomming a Mason turn into a Corporate Venture , this concerns me.

Vast numbers of non-profit organizations are registered as non-profit corporations. Why would you be concerned about so mundane a situation?

Your profile says you're not a Mason. Are you here looking for reasons to not become a Mason? Anti-Masons are easily found and their material shows who they are at a glance. Read a few pages of their material then ask yourself if you want to be among such people.

dew_time

Well Freemasonry is one of the oldest and most noble organizations still in existence (IMO) so I really don't think anyone needs to look at is like it's a scam to get their money (assuming the lodge you join is regular).

I didn't find anything about dew_time's comment to be overtly offensive. If a man wears his heart on his sleeve so much that an small joke such as that offends him then he might have a hard time getting along with the brethren in any lodge...or any fraternity for that matter.

Thank you... I didn't realize that was a non mason and I was a little offended by his lashing out at suh a small joke. I would hope that not all brother are wound so tight.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dew_time

Once again i appologize sir

Freemason Connect Mobile

No harm done. My happiness and well being will never be in the hands a a single man behind a keyboard whom I don't even know.

I really hope you find the enlightment and knowledge you seek whether it be in freemasonry or anything you pursue.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dew_time

That will be good... I've meet a lot of great people at the public social functions.

Freemason Connect Mobile

James F Jackson

I have been surrounded by masons my whole life and never knew until recently when a good freind was towards the end of his journey when he told me he was a mason and he wanted me to visit him more often prior to his passing on. Through my visits with him he opened my eyes in regards to masonry, and gave insight on various aspects of life. Before his passing he gave me his ring and asked me if i ever became a mason would i wear it in his honour, i told i would if i ever took that jounrney. So now years later after studying masonic history i feel i am know ready to stand on the square.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dew_time

I have been surrounded by masons my whole life and never knew until recently when a good freind was towards the end of his journey when he told me he was a mason and he wanted me to visit him more often prior to his passing on. Through my visits with him he opened my eyes in regards to masonry, and gave insight on various aspects of life. Before his passing he gave me his ring and asked me if i ever became a mason would i wear it in his honour, i told i would if i ever took that jounrney. So now years later after studying masonic history i feel i am know ready to stand on the square.

Freemason Connect Mobile

That's a great story.

Freemason Connect Mobile

James F Jackson

Just lucky to have been in his presence i stop questioning why yrs ago just gonna do my part the best way i can now

Freemason Connect Mobile

streeter

From what I have heard, different countries/regions will have different opinions. In Texas, from the first degree on you are a Mason. However, as a EA, you just have recieved only a part of the benefits of a MM. Is an EA a Mason, in Texas, yes. Will he recieve further benefits of being a Mason as he moves up throught the degrees, again yes.
hello, in Tennessee it is an obligation - does not say which one - AND HAVING BEEN RAISED....in Massachusetts its first degree - but not a 'full' member until you have signed the bylaws... in England they still don't know!!....Robert Streeter manor royal 8296 England king 461 Tennessee tyrian massachcusetts

david j zometa

Even though I am not a mason, I admire all of you with great compassion . The reason being is because of what you as people represent , brotherhood , loyalty ,love , honestly and respect something I have always admire in any one because I to share these feelings and opinions and any one that thinks as I do is a brother of mine and has my respect. Bless you all, family ,friends and foes.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dfreybur

Premium Member
So now years later after studying masonic history i feel i am know ready to stand on the square.

I sigh for the lost years of opportunity. The best way to stand on the square to me was to go to lodge and try my best to emulate the men around me who were already doing that.

In our early years in lodge our elders are our mentors. We work to be like them. In our late years in lodge our youngsters are our charges. We work to be worthy of them. Nearing the 20th anniversary of my raising I am now in the middle between both. I try to be that perfect ashlar by working at improving in some way each year.

The circle, the square, the triangle. We stand on the square. We stand in a circle. The triangle that supervises us is actually a square with one point infinitely far out - The points of the triangle surround us and point us in that direction. Look to the East my brothers but we all end up working towards the North.