My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awkward

LAMason

Premium Member
We can never know the challenges another must face, to deny a person on the basis of worthiness is judgmental to the extreme
How many times in our lives have we turned into a freind only after getting to know someone ?

Have you read your Grand Lodge Masonic Code? California Masonic Code says:

§804.230. APPLICATIONS.

An application for the degrees or for affiliation shall be on the form approved by the Grand Master and provided by the Grand Secretary. An applicant must sign the completed application by signature or by a mark attested to by two members of the Lodge, if he is unable to write by reason of physical affliction. An applicant must be recommended by at least two members of the Lodge. A recommender need not have previously known the applicant, as long as prior to signing the application he first makes a careful investigation to ascertain if the applicant is worthy. Recommendation of an applicant is a personal pledge of Masonic honor to the Lodge that the applicant possesses the qualifications required. Any recommendation once given cannot be withdrawn after the application has been received by the Lodge. References need not be Masons or of the male gender. [Source: Sections 19040 and 26090 of the 1991 California Masonic Code.]

§804.330. REPORT OF INVESTIGATING COMMITTEE.

The report of each member of the Investigating Committee shall set forth in detail the facts ascertained respecting the applicant and that Committee member’s conclusion on the applicant’s qualifications. If any member of the Committee reports unfavorable on the applicant or if a report demonstrates that the applicant is in any way not qualified or unworthy to be made a Mason, no ballot shall be taken on the applicant and the Master shall, upon receipt of such a report, declare the applicant rejected. Such rejection shall be reported at the next Stated Meeting of the Lodge but none of the contents of any reports on the applicant shall be disclosed, other than the conclusions on the applicant’s qualifications.

GKA

Premium Member
Just curious. Why do you restrict who can view your profile? I generally like to look and see what grand lodge or lodge someone belongs to.
I do that when I first join a site, as I do not know if I will be staying, I have changed it, you can view what you like.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
What you described would be easy for me. If they told me that they would have no intention of trying to follow Masonic rules, I'd reply "well, then, I guess you can't be a Mason." I have told that to one young man who told me he could never call a Jew his brother.
This is exactly what my reply would be.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I think that we have a responsibility to pass every person who desires to become a Mason regardless of how much light he may receive or how much time he has left to receive it
So you think that every man who request to join should be allowed in? If so then we could simply do away with an investigation of proposed members.