My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beautiful Masonic Temple

cog41

Premium Member
It was a very interesting building. I love old buildings like this. I enjoy walking around the old churches, courthouses and lodge buildings. Unfortunately we can't preserve them all. Money and maintenance gets to most of them.

Thanks for the post.

dfreybur

Premium Member
Money and maintenance gets to most of them.

I have come to the conclusion that if your lodge can't afford a building nice enough that it shows a positive cash flow on the tax records through rental income, then your lodge can't afford a building yet and should stay a tenant. As reported in the story I favor many lodges and appendent bodies working together to make such buildings.

I would have expected a building so magnificent to see a good business hosting weddings and other events to be able to maintain itself. Doing that takes a full time building manager so it's not easy to enter into that field.

Sammcd

Premium Member
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1395535989.505083.jpg

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

Sammcd

Premium Member
Picture of Muskogee, Oklahoma temple. Three Lodges, Muskogee # 28, Oriental lodge # 430, Trinity Lodge #502, OES and York Rite share this facility. It has recently been added to the List of National Historic Places.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App