My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenges on the street

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Exactly how it is in Georgia. They opened on the third as normal, lowered to 1 and 2 for my initiation and passing, I left after those degrees, and they went back up to 3 for closing.
was a brother assigned to you to walk out with you and sit with you and what not till it was closed? Also did you get to stay in lodge while the rest of the business was done or as soon as the lec was complete you had to leave?

Derinique Kendrick

was a brother assigned to you to walk out with you and sit with you and what not till it was closed? Also did you get to stay in lodge while the rest of the business was done or as soon as the lec was complete you had to leave?
I was instructed to come in and stay downstairs until a brother came down to get me. The tiler was the one who came downstairs to get me when they were done with the opening. I retired from the lodge after the degrees and lectures. I got my date as to when I was expected back for proficiency and next degree and after that I was out the door.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I was instructed to come in and stay downstairs until a brother came down to get me. The tiler was the one who came downstairs to get me when they were done with the opening. I retired from the lodge after the degrees and lectures. I got my date as to when I was expected back for proficiency and next degree and after that I was out the door.

Thats crazy to me. In both my Jurisdictions lodge can be opened and work done on all 3 degrees. Also from the moment a candidate walks through the door on degree night he is not left alon till he is placed in the prep room for the chamber of reflection. Then after the degree hes not alone till he leaves the building with everyone else.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Lastly in Florida and five other Deep South " states all of Prince Hall is still considered clandestine, and no I was not being rude I was trying to point to the new name given to an EA in most jurisdictions, but thanks you made me update my profile. WWEA, SMIB!!!

There are nine states (LA, MS, TN, WV, FL, GA, AL, AR, & SC) that don't recognize PHA grand lodges. I don't know if they consider PHA clandestine in all nine states. Those PHA grand lodges are regular but unrecognized regardless how a grand lodge considers them. Each grand lodge is sovereign so they can basically make up their own rules on recognition to some extent when recognizing other grand lodges.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
There are nine states (LA, MS, TN, WV, FL, GA, AL, AR, & SC) that don't recognize PHA grand lodges. I don't know if they consider PHA clandestine in all nine states. Those PHA grand lodges are regular but unrecognized regardless how a grand lodge considers them. Each grand lodge is sovereign so they can basically make up their own rules on recognition to some extent when recognizing other grand lodges.
I thought West Virginia decided to recognize PHA ?

acjohnson53

That's how it's done, there are know profanes in the Lodge until the Lodge is lowered to that degree they are working on...

Derinique Kendrick

Thats crazy to me. In both my Jurisdictions lodge can be opened and work done on all 3 degrees. Also from the moment a candidate walks through the door on degree night he is not left alon till he is placed in the prep room for the chamber of reflection. Then after the degree hes not alone till he leaves the building with everyone else.
I guess they do it that way to make sure the candidate doesn't get more than they are supposed to get at that time.

BroBook

Premium Member
yes I know that there was no internet in 1984. Hence why i said anyone could be douped.

New name for EAs? Never heard anything but EA. can you elaborate.

also WWEA? not familar with that one....

Again I am sorry for coming accross as i did!
No problem my brother, caution, world without end amen!!!

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I am curious.....if you have a proficiency that needs to be turned in you make the BRO wait outside till the lodge is opened and then lowered and then make him leave after his proficiency? Also so you make the candidate leave after the degree is completed but before lodge is closed?
GLoTX did the same until 2007- all Lodges opened on the 3rd Degree and called down for degree work & proficiencies. All other business was done in a MM Lodge only.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Yes but I read an article and spoke with some brothers that said they had received recognition. I'll do more research. Maybe it was up for discussion.

I think it would have made the masonic news if it happened. Haven't heard anything. But you never know.