My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conferred My First Degrees

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
I disagree 100%. Age or length of time being a Master Mason has nothing to do with putting on a quality degree. From what I've seen, it's the seasoned members who botch the degree work and/or chat it up on the sidelines, not the new Brothers. If I wasn't allowed to participate on the degree team after being raised, I'd pack my bags and find a different Lodge.

i wouldn't say "100%." i know plenty of young MMs that think they know the work when they don't, and plenty of 50 year pins that could lay down the best, most emphatic ritual.

the natural conclusion is that being a MM, young or old, is no indication of amount of ritual known.

Hippie19950

Premium Member
Hey!!! I'm one of those MM's who THINKS he knows the work!!! Well, I like to think I know the work, but I also KNOW in reality I am still learning it, and plan to continue to learn until I lay down the tools. I get pretty excited about Masonry, and LOVE to talk about it, and anyone who knows me personally can vouch for that :) I can offer a word here and there, and I can do most of the work, but I am still learning, and my goal is to have it as right as I can have it. I was at Grand Lodge for the first time in December, and LOVED it!! I'll be going back as often as I can. But, I felt a bit of ease coming over me when I noticed a bit of stumbling coming from my "Seniors" there. If they aren't perfect, will I ever be? Probably not, but as many others here are doing, I'm gonna do it until I have it right, or I've worn everyone down, and convinced them it is right.
:-O)

Last edited: