My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deciding on Appendant Body To Join

J. Earl

I work with a Brother in the Shrine. My Lodge is pretty heavy in York, and I have several guys talking to me about Scottish Rite. I'm just trying to focus on my Blue Lodge for my first year. All three appendant bodies sound like something I want to do though. I just can't decide which to do first once I do decide to join an appendant body.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
Just to mess with everyone tell them you aren't sure about the light in SR or YR. But you are certain OES is the only true path to follow. Tell them you read it in Morals and Dogma Volume III. When they question or deny there is a Volume III say it's because OES has the true light. This is why women are always right..................

Damn I wish I had of thought about this when people kept asking me to join various things.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Just to mess with everyone tell them you aren't sure about the light in SR or YR. But you are certain OES is the only true path to follow. Tell them you read it in Morals and Dogma Volume III. When they question or deny there is a Volume III say it's because OES has the true light. This is why women are always right..................

Damn I wish I had of thought about this when people kept asking me to join various things.
Bwhahahaha

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Keith C

For the balance of this year I am planning on focusing on my Blue Lodge. After that, for several reasons I will move into YR.

My reasoning?
1) Here in PA we are the only US GL that declares ourselves "Ancient York Masons" so I feel it is the natural path.
2) The 3 York Rite bodies meet in our Lodge Building, and the nearest SR and Shriner meeting places is some distance away.
3) My first line signer, and the Brother who conferred my EA and MM degrees, as well as several of the Brothers in my lodge are very active in the YR.

CLewey44

I've heard that the Guthrie, OK SR is second to none. You get all 29 in 2 or 3 days. I think the YR is a good start as well and may can take you down some other less traveled paths.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I picked the YR and AASR due to the additional degrees as I like degree work as well as the Christian leanings in the YR Orders.
LOL...I LOVE IT!!!!