E.A. Degree

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Bushi1971, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Bushi1971

Bushi1971 Registered User

E.A. Degree was conferred this past Tuesday 6/5/2018. All I can say is what an experience. Now the hard work begins. I know I asked in a thread about recommended books to read and someone said to hold off as there will be plenty to do. Well you’re not kidding. Many thanks to the brothers at the lodge that made this so memorable.

Symthrell likes this.
  2. Breakingstereotypes

Breakingstereotypes Registered User

Congratulations brother. I am getting ready to step into the lodge for my MM degree on June 18. I assure you, once you retain the EA catechism, your FC will fly by. If you have questions, ask anyone who knows the EA catechism very, very well. It's extremely hard to UNLEARN something than it is to learn. Best of luck.

3. Bro Sony

Bro Sony Registered User

Congratulations Brother

4. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

Congratulations, if you have the opportunity, go see a few EA degree's if time permits. You will have to have a MM vouch for you, if you go to another lodge. Seeing the Degree will help you learn the lecture. I always teach the questions and answers to our EA's. In my jurisdiction it's mouth to ear. Good luck!

Breakingstereotypes likes this.
  5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Congratulations! Keep us informed of your progress.

6. Christopher Thompson

Christopher Thompson Registered User

Congrats Brother. After you complete your EA catechism, I would recommend "Building Boaz" by Dr. John S. Nagy. Definitely was a good follow up to help understand the degree from an esoteric standpoint.

dfreybur likes this.
  7. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Welcome to the family once adopted Brother.

8. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Congratulations Brother.

I echo the advice to try to see another EA degree while you are learning. I learn much better from seeing and hearing than by reading and that helped me learn the ritual immensely.

9. frehm

frehm Registered User

Welcome, brother, and good luck on your journey.
    I've been reading a lot. Together with frequent lodge visits it has helped to at least start understanding what freemasonry is and what it represents. Freemasonry has just a bit to do with the actual ritual... it is so much more...

10. Alexander Thomas

Alexander Thomas Registered User

Share My Freemasonry