Entered Apprentice- Question

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Jeff Simpkins, Apr 8, 2018.

1. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

It matters not.

Here's the background on all these secrets.:

Giving a secret to a candidate and obligating him to keep it is a Trojan Horse Activity and a manhood developing burden. To follow through on his obligation, that candidate must develop every single last one of the theological and cardinal virtues to keep that secret secure. Think about the discipline a candidate must cultivate to keep a secret and you'll cover every last one of those virtues. Sheer and Absolute Genius!

chrmc and Overworked724 like this.
  2. Overworked724

Overworked724 Registered User

And thus making good men better...love the 'Trojan Horse' analogy.

3. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Delighted to hear this. I've contemplated the role of keeping secrets from day one and found that this one analogy hits home the best. We all know why we keep secrets. The method of developing manly virtues is rarely provided though, and neither is the subversive manner to which men are brought into manhood by one man saying to another, "here kid, hold this and don't give it away to the wrong people." BRUTALLY INGENIUS!

Overworked724 likes this.
  4. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

One of the best topics to disagree on to me! There is strength in unity - We treat each other as kin. There is strength in diversity - We should and do disagree on this topic and on many other topics.

5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Exactly! I haven't seen one yet that gets it right in all regards.
    ****snicker snicker****

6. frehm

frehm Registered User

Even if rituals might have leaked out, the true masonry cannot be revealed. Because the true freemasonry has to be experienced. You can read as much text as you want (even if I wouldn't recommend it since it ruins quite a bit), but the true and real experience is actually your own personal experience of the ritual. Which cannot be described in a ritual text.

7. Warrior1256

Very good point!

8. Jeff Adair

Jeff Adair Registered User

Something that I've told all of our new candidates... Don't watch any History channel show or search anything on the web about the secrets of the Craft until after you're a Master Mason. Brothers, sadly all of our secrets are out there but for every truth there are 10 lies. Our young candidates don't entirely know truth from falsehood and it will more than likely mislead them. I've been a Master Mason for over 5 years and now sit in the West, I watch some of these History Channel shows and laugh at just how far fetched they are. I also cringe at some of the things they get VERY close.

Warrior1256 and CLewey44 like this.
  9. Warrior1256

Same here!

10. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

The more you read, you still need to understand what you are reading. That’s why they give so much to read, not to confuse you...

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

11. Paul Borrott

Paul Borrott Registered User

From the perspective of a yet to be accepted "non Mason" it is interesting to see rifleman1776 state that unless you are a mason you won't know what is correct and what isn't. I have attempted to do a little research to find out a little before being admitted. And decided to just wait and get the correct information from the correct source. As I wouldn't want to spend hours of time learning the wrong things. One of the brothers that belongs to the lodge I am hoping to,join suggested that I get the information from them rather than hoping to,get it right from other sources.

I hope to,be voted on tomorrow, and start my journey soon.

Bloke, dfreybur and Warrior1256 like this.
  12. Warrior1256

Congratulations!
    Very good decision!
    Very wise council.

Share My Freemasonry