My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Smart Phone

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Just got my first smart phone. Until this morning I had a flip phone. Am trying to figure it out and maybe I can then use it to communicate with this forum when I am away from home. My daughter helped me out with the basic usage but I am figuring the rest of it out on my own. I am 63 years old and some what technologically challenged.

Winter

Premium Member
The majority of my posts are probably on my smartphone via TapaTalk. It's a great way to keep up on the forum.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CLewey44

I use mine all the time on here through the website, not the app. I make more typing errors when on my phone but most people are *not* grammar trolling too hard on here haha.

Edit: see above example

Last edited:

Winter

Premium Member
I'm starting to think that you have to be smart to use a smart phone and that leaves me out...lol.
You sound like my mom. LoL But seriously, it can be pretty daunting for a first time smartphone user. Try this, whatever the model of the phone is that you're using, go to You Tube and search for X guide. I guarantee there are a plethora of tutorials and guides to help you get used to it.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Try this, whatever the model of the phone is that you're using, go to You Tube and search for X guide.
I have googled a manual that gives instructions in more detail that the one the came with the phone. I'm getting there, lol.

Winter

Premium Member
I have googled a manual that gives instructions in more detail that the one the came with the phone. I'm getting there, lol.
Manuals are garbage and are worse then reading how to program the clock on a VCR. I guarantee there are better written guides, or videos, by laymen for laymen that will help you better.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Manuals are garbage and are worse then reading how to program the clock on a VCR. I guarantee there are better written guides, or videos, by laymen for laymen that will help you better.
This could very well be true. However, this particular manual that I was lucky enough to stumble upon has been very helpful. Its instructions are step by step with easy to understand wording, no technical jargon that only young people understand, lol.

Winter

Premium Member
art-smartphone-smart_phone-cell-mobile-phone-jsh120410_low.jpg

frehm

I'm 27 and still not a fan of smartphones. I use them as cameras and to connect when I'm traveling. Otherwise I prefer "dumb-phone".

Bloke

Premium Member
I love my smart phone. It is great for email and I have completely ditched my camera in favour of that on the phone. I have the app for this web site, but only check it very regularly, I like being able to sit at my desk with a full qwerty keyboard..

You'll use it how you need it, but being able to check weather and directions on the phone is awesome.. get someone to show you how to use Goggle Maps if Andriod, and if IPhone the inbuilt app is great. Me, I love my Droid because of the flexibility of not being an Apple Prisoner..

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I love my smart phone. It is great for email and I have completely ditched my camera in favour of that on the phone.
It's very much growing on me as I learn more and more about it.
You'll use it how you need it, but being able to check weather and directions on the phone is awesome.
Agree.
get someone to show you how to use Goggle Maps
Hadn't thought of this. Will do!

Okla. MM

The wife and I have the same two Nokia flip phones that we started with ten or twelve years ago.....she's religious about carrying hers when she leaves the house but mine mostly sits on the dinning room table collecting dust

flip phone.gif