Freemasonry in Texas

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by JMartinez, May 4, 2015.

1. JMartinez

JMartinez Registered User

Any interesting historical fun facts about Freemasonry in Texas? The Alamo, Tranquility Lodge, etc.

2. pointwithinacircle2

pointwithinacircle2 Rapscallion Premium Member

I did a presentation on Tranquility Lodge for my home Lodge in Maryland. The Brothers seemed to enjoy it.

3. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

4. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

Famous Texas Masons David Crockett and Sam Houston were first famous Tennessee Masons. ;)

5. cacarter

cacarter Premium Member

David Crockett never joined a lodge out here, so I guess that would mean he never was a Texas mason?

6. Companion Joe

He wasn't there long enough, I suppose, but he does have a lodge named after him, so it counts.

7. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

That set off inside my head an avalanche of TV and movie music songs and mottoes.

Davey, Davey Crockett. King of the wild frontier.

Daniel Boone was a Man. A Big Man.

Muppets in Space! (Ooops I mean Masons in Space!) ;^)

And of course if your lodge has an organist the perfect music for a point in a degree where a bunch of Fellowcrafts are sent out on a search - the theme music from the original Mission: Impossible. The old TV show not the new movies, though I do like the new movies.

8. Companion Joe

The Crockett song is wrong right from the start. He wasn't born on a mountain top. He was born on a river bottom.

dfreybur likes this.

Share My Freemasonry