My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G.S.A.T.O.T ! Masonic Acronyms

P.G.R.C.

It’s your screen name. You tell us.

May I ask where you are a mason?

Greetings..
I'm not a mason. I signed in with the abbreviation, for that is why I created this account. It is something associated with my late Grandfather in Ireland's position.
Thank you for your interest.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Greetings..
I'm not a mason. I signed in with the abbreviation, for that is why I created this account. It is something associated with my late Grandfather in Ireland's position.
Thank you for your interest.
May I ask for more details about his position?

Chaz

A Google search for "PGRC Ireland" brought up a book from 1844 and it just says it was a British side degree that was made irregular.

Bloke

Premium Member
So, do we know what PGRC stands for ? I do not...
Guessing
Past Grand Recorder ? I don't think so.. Looking it does seem Irish from the results and appears in Craft Docs.. What order was the Side Degree Bro Glen ?

Matt L

Site Benefactor
TAHAFOOTPG;

The Ancient, Honorable and Fragrant Order of the Pink Goats

Rotary Club, who would have thought o_O

Bloke

Premium Member
Well, I learned another today
RAM might mean "Royal Arch Mason" but also "Royal Ark Mariner" - two very different things !

(We normally write HRA for Holy Royal Arch which Royal Arch Masons are members of... but we generally just call those Brothers "Companions" .. but let's not get into those acronyms because we will get things like "SASoj" being Second Assistant Sojourner and "ASE" for Assistant Scribe Ezra..