My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings to all brothers!!!

А Тraveling Мan

Greeting to all brothers here! I am a new member in this forum and I wish to all members flourish traveling on the road to the light!
I've moved from Europe to Las Vegas before an year,but moving to St. George on the end of this week.

Bloke

Premium Member
Greeting to all brothers here! I am a new member in this forum and I wish to all members flourish traveling on the road to the light!
I've moved from Europe to Las Vegas before an year,but moving to St. George on the end of this week.

Welcome to the forum Brother :)

Elexir

Ah, in south Europe then.

You have traveld a great distance.

Did you become a mason in Bulgaria?

А Тraveling Мan

Ah, in south Europe then.

You have traveld a great distance.

Did you become a mason in Bulgaria?
I've traveled a lot, brother. North, West, South and East. That's how I collect knowledge and wisdom. Yes, my mother lodge is in Bulgaria. ...but my biggest travel is to the East!

А Тraveling Мan

On 10.9.1880 the first Bulgarian lodge “Balkan Star” based in Ruse had initiated Varna branch named “Black Sea Friends”. 14.2.1884 The lodges “Balkan Star”, “Danube Star” and “Black Sea Friends” inaugurated the first Grand Lodge of Bulgaria with the light coming from France.
Later on 27 Nov 1917 a Grand lodge of Old and Accepted Scottish Rite was inaugurated with first Grand Master general Protogerov. On 26 Jun 1918 the first Grand Assembly elected Br. Petar Midilev as a Grand Master. On 14.11.1920 the lodge “Danube Star” 04 was again installed in Ruse and on 6 Aug 1922 the lodge “BlackSea Friends” 06 was created. On 24 Dec 1940 the “Law for Protection of the State” forced all international and secret societies in Bulgaria to be suspended and closed. It took almost an year to the Lodge to arrange the financial issues and to transfer arhieves and documents abroad. Revival of Freemasonery in Bulgaria begin in 1991 by creating several lodges. Finaly on 20 Sep 1997 the “Grand Lodge of the Ancient Free and Accepted Masons” was installed with lodge members “The Light”, “The Dawn”, “Serdika” and “BlackSea Friends.

Elexir

Thanks a lot, seems like Bulgaria was ahead of its time and considering the troubles other GLs in Euorope had during WWII this was a good thing.