My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HB132 Get the Word Out

J

JEbeling

Hope it goes thru.. ! we sure need to get behind this.. ! could be very critical to a bunch of lodges.. !

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
thanks for the link brother Josh, told me who my rep was and I was able to email him my thoughts and I also got his # to bug him with a call also. lol

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
heare is a response I got from my rep, the vote is soon if not today so contact yours if possable.

Dear Mr. Moore,

Thank you for contacting the office of State Representative Rob Orr regarding HB 132. Rep. Orr asked that I respond to you on his behalf. First, I want to make sure that you know that you may track this and any bill using the public bill tracking telephone number, 1-800-252-9690, or online at www.capitol.state.tx.us using the 'search legislation' tool.

The representative always appreciates hearing from his constituents and learning their views about different issues. Your comments regarding HB 132 have been entered into our database. The representative uses this database to find out constituents' views when deciding how to vote on different issues.

In addition, this office continually monitors all bills that are filed, so if you discover another bill or issue that you feel is important, please don't hesitate to contact us so that we may track that information as well. Thank you for your correspondence!

nick1368

Brothers I have been in Austin the last few days lobbying for issues that deal with the Golden Triangle or Southeast Texas (Beaumont, Orange, Port Arthur, Nederland, Groves, Port Neches, Vidor areas). I had the oppurtunity to speak with 2 of our Reps today and encouraged them to support HB 132. It is still on stage 1 of 6, so please be sure to contact your local Reps & Senators so they get can this bill passed this Leg. session. I have dinner plans with our Senator and plan to push this issue along with the other items I suppose to be discussing...
here is the link again to follow the bill
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillL...81R&Bill=HB132
again keep emailing and calling encouraging support not only for Masonic Lodges but other tax exempt organizations.

Scotty32

Too bad this is how our lawmakers vote in Austin! :mad:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG6X-xtVask"]YouTube - Texas Legislation[/ame]

LRG

Premium Member
what a shame. Our government has failed us in every manner. shameful.

With the Big annual salary in which they get and they can not even show up for work. SHAME

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
One of the Brothers working with MW Counts said that we should lay low for now and not contact our Reps. as not to alert anyone to the bill. His reasoning was thta it is quitly passing through the house and if we all alert our Reps they might have constituants they would tell and then the fight would be on. I am throughly confused now but after talking to others they say many bills are passed this was "quitly and quickly."

owls84

Premium Member
Well mums the word then on my end. However, that is a bunch of bull on the voting for other congressmen. That needs to stop. How am I supposed to know how my congressman/woman votes on an issue if someone else is voting for them?

Scotty32

Votes of our STATE reps and senators are not recorded. They do not want you to know how they voted. The excuse is that it would be too much of a hassle to record all the votes. The voting record is what kills a politician's career. That proves to me they do not want us to know what they are doing. They are recorded just fine and archived at the federal level.
Take Sen. John " I'm Tough on illegals" Cornyn for example. When the camera is in his face he is tough on illegal immigration, but he voted to allowed mexican truckers, that would not be inspected at the border, to come into the state in the pilot program. Lou Dobbs was watering at the mouth over that one.

nick1368

I am not one to just let things go quitely...the only way you can complain about your governement is to be actively involved. If you don't like who represents you but you don't go vote then sorry you don't have a dog in the fight. Same is true if there is an issue that you want to see passed or stopped, you have to let your Rep know that is how you feel. I guess I am naieve in thinking they actually care what the people they represent want....:rolleyes:

owls84

Premium Member
Well I have been keeping my eye on this and looks like it is scheduled for public hearing. Does anyone know how long this takes from here?

T

Taurus27

My Lodge had an issue with this a few years ago. We approached our Council to have the same rights as other "charitable organisations" in relation to our rates and there was a woman Lord Mayor at the time who tried to defeat it based on sexism. She labeled us........."a men only organisation".
One of our Brethren was present at the meeting and spoke up and explained what we represent and the good work done.

She lost........we won.:D

Last edited by a moderator: