My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Winchester, VA

Stephen

The investigative committee is supposed to come over my house next week. I'll make sure my wife baked some cookies! ;)

Stephen

Update: The investigative committee is coming over today at 7:30pm! So very excited to sit down and demand the answers to life, the universe and EVERYTHING!
:21:

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Congrats! I know when I waited for the committee I was worried about it but it wound up being more of an informative session like people just getting to know each other. It went smoothly and was no big deal. I think I was more worried about getting a call saying that the vote didn't go my way. With the patience you have shown so far and having waited this long you won't have any problems. To me the wait until I was initiated was the worse by far. BTW the answer is 42 if you haven't ever read the books by Douglas Adams.

Stephen

Investigative committee came and went. It was great talking to them in the 90 minutes or so they were here. We touched up on all sorts of topics and I think the meeting went great!

I guess I'll find out April 12th. :)

Beathard

Premium Member
You already know the answer - 42! On the 12th you will find out the question? Hope it has something to do with a Goat. Sorry it's late. I don't know what I'm talking about anymore. N(aaa)ight.

Stephen

April 26th @ 7:00pm

Winchester Hiram 21.

I'm so thrilled and cannot wait to be counted as a brother!

davidterrell80

Past Master
Premium Member
If you ever get to the big city, I live close to Dulles Airport. I'm good for a conversation over lunch, especially on a weekend, anywhere between here and Front Royal.

davidterrell80@hotmail.com

Let me see where Winchester Hiram 21 is relative to me... may be time for a road trip.

David

Stephen

davidterrell80 said:
If you ever get to the big city, I live close to Dulles Airport. I'm good for a conversation over lunch, especially on a weekend, anywhere between here and Front Royal.

davidterrell80@hotmail.com

Let me see where Winchester Hiram 21 is relative to me... may be time for a road trip.

David

It's for my EA. Going to help me ride the farm animals or hold my second pair of underwear?

davidterrell80

Past Master
Premium Member
If there is often friendly banter before an initiation.
However, if there is hazing during the initiation, they will find no smiles from me.
Becoming a Freemason should be one of the great and ennobling experience of life.

David

Stephen

davidterrell80 said:
If there is often friendly banter before an initiation.
However, if there is hazing during the initiation, they will find no smiles from me.
Becoming a Freemason should be one of the great and ennobling experience of life.

David

I think that is all it is, just trying to make me nervous. And it isn't from anyone in the lodge. All the banter has been from this forum.

Stephen

Today I go to the lodge for a brief overview of my first degree initiation on Tuesday. I'll meet everyone and see the lodge for the first time! It's the oldest lodge west of the Blue Ridge Mountains!

Can't wait!