Hymns

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by afrah, Sep 13, 2017.

1. afrah

afrah Registered User

I very liked it . How to sing well . What a courageous voice. It reminded me of Christmas songs , also romantic and festive.

2. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Not Masonic

Bloke likes this.
  3. Canadian Paul

Canadian Paul Registered User

My Lodge sings an Opening Ode and a Closing Ode at every meeting. They are sung while the Deacons are attending to the Lesser Lights. We also sing 'Oh Canada' just after the Lodge has Closed. We also sing a single-verse 'Entrance Ode' in each degree, which is sung just as the candidate is brought into the Lodge. I still remember the effect hearing that singing had on me when I was brought into the Lodge at my Initiation! We have an organ but, unfortunately, no organist, so the singing is unaccompanied. In some ways, that is even more impressive!

Ripcord22A likes this.
  4. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Lots of Odes here, during degrees, generally one for each time we move a candidate... if the deacons are moving, we're generally singing.

Sent from my SM-G920I using My Freemasonry mobile app

Ripcord22A likes this.
  5. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Plus it's a different song in some jurisdictions. I have learned two songs for that point in the degrees. Gotta be careful I don't start belting out the other song I learned for that point.

I also learned a song for Table Lodge, but I've heard the song used at festive board which is similar to Table Lodge but not tiled. Happy to meet, sad to part, happy to meet again, again, happy to meet again ...

Share My Freemasonry