I want to discuss what's not to be discussed

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Quest4Wisdom, May 30, 2020.

1. Quest4Wisdom

Quest4Wisdom Registered User

I've honestly been disappointed to find freemasonry appears to be, at its core, almost no different than belonging to a local union or local church. I've grown up in a bible based religion (or cult if you will... Jehovah's Witnesses) and have since moved on, finding what I consider truth in modern philosophy and eastern spirituality. Discovering the 7 primary Chakras are each connected to a major gland in the body felt like a huge step in the right direction to finding "The Truth" with a capital T. But in an age of "fake news" and selling the story, Truth feels harder and harder to come by, even in the scientific community. Which is why I was hoping an organization as old and influential as the freemasons might be holding some of those capital T, Truths. I know the organization does hold its secrets.. are these only related to its nature as a boys club? Or is there legitimate history, philosophy, and sciences to be discovered here?

Thank you for your time

2. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Then you missed the unbelievably obvious: Role-playing theatrical society with a moral purpose.
    You think that you know this. However, in reality, you could not be farther from the truth.
    Think "road-map to mature mastery" and you'd be on much firmer ground.
    Yes, but not before you bring order to the chaos of your heart and then head.
    You're welcome!

Warrior1256 and MWS like this.
  3. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

>Or is there legitimate history, philosophy, and sciences to be discovered here?

That is true but the brethren have to work rather hard to find them - and it helps to find a lodge that naturally attracts the Light.

Before I joined Masonry I used to park outside lodge buildings to see if they attracted the energies from what post-1717 Masonry refers to as the Blazing/Flaming Star. When I found such a lodge I joined.

4. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Let's see what Coach says in response to this...

If you are looking for Absolute Truth, perhaps it can be explored by speculation through science, history and philosophy but it cannot be proved by science or rational thought. Hence Absolute Truth is irrational.

And yet, it's interesting we are called Speculative Freemasons is it not ?

TheThumbPuppy and Warrior1256 like this.
  5. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

Dealing with Truth is philosophically difficult because truth is a reification

"To regard or treat (an abstraction) as if it had concrete or material existence."
    https://www.thefreedictionary.com/reification

Thus when we say a wall is true, we mean that it is vertical when measured by a plumb line. The wall is true to the reference system. The trueness of the wall is not an absolute - for example when there is a gravitational anomaly.

Thus every truth (statement) must be paired with the reference system to which it is true.

If we want absolute truth we need to find an absolute reference system. To be absolute the reference system must not change over time or on the other side of a black hole or on the other side of a pralaya.

https://theosophy.wiki/en/Pralaya

If there is no absolute truth, to what can we hold?

Life!

Warrior1256, Scoops and Bloke like this.
  6. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Vivat !

7. TheThumbPuppy

TheThumbPuppy Registered User

Thumb up

coachn likes this.
  8. Thomas Stright

Thomas Stright Premium Member

Is the OP even a Brother?

9. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

he claims that he has moved on, after his disappointment...
    ..and with just one post, it appears that he has done the same here...
    ..but not before he dumped his load...

Bloke, Warrior1256 and Bro. Monty PM like this.
  10. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Great answer!
    Yep.

11. jermy Bell

jermy Bell Registered User

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Share My Freemasonry