My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to discuss what's not to be discussed

Quest4Wisdom

I've honestly been disappointed to find freemasonry appears to be, at its core, almost no different than belonging to a local union or local church. I've grown up in a bible based religion (or cult if you will... Jehovah's Witnesses) and have since moved on, finding what I consider truth in modern philosophy and eastern spirituality. Discovering the 7 primary Chakras are each connected to a major gland in the body felt like a huge step in the right direction to finding "The Truth" with a capital T. But in an age of "fake news" and selling the story, Truth feels harder and harder to come by, even in the scientific community. Which is why I was hoping an organization as old and influential as the freemasons might be holding some of those capital T, Truths. I know the organization does hold its secrets.. are these only related to its nature as a boys club? Or is there legitimate history, philosophy, and sciences to be discovered here?

Thank you for your time

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I've honestly been disappointed to find freemasonry appears to be, at its core, almost no different than belonging to a local union or local church. ...
Then you missed the unbelievably obvious: Role-playing theatrical society with a moral purpose.
I know the organization does hold its secrets..
You think that you know this. However, in reality, you could not be farther from the truth.
...are these only related to its nature as a boys club?
Think "road-map to mature mastery" and you'd be on much firmer ground.
...Or is there legitimate history, philosophy, and sciences to be discovered here?
Yes, but not before you bring order to the chaos of your heart and then head.
Thank you for your time
You're welcome!

Bloke

Premium Member
I've honestly been disappointed to find freemasonry appears to be, at its core, almost no different than belonging to a local union or local church. I've grown up in a bible based religion (or cult if you will... Jehovah's Witnesses) and have since moved on, finding what I consider truth in modern philosophy and eastern spirituality. Discovering the 7 primary Chakras are each connected to a major gland in the body felt like a huge step in the right direction to finding "The Truth" with a capital T. But in an age of "fake news" and selling the story, Truth feels harder and harder to come by, even in the scientific community. Which is why I was hoping an organization as old and influential as the freemasons might be holding some of those capital T, Truths. I know the organization does hold its secrets.. are these only related to its nature as a boys club? Or is there legitimate history, philosophy, and sciences to be discovered here?

Thank you for your time

Let's see what Coach says in response to this...

If you are looking for Absolute Truth, perhaps it can be explored by speculation through science, history and philosophy but it cannot be proved by science or rational thought. Hence Absolute Truth is irrational.

And yet, it's interesting we are called Speculative Freemasons is it not ?

Bloke

Premium Member
Dealing with Truth is philosophically difficult because truth is a reification

"To regard or treat (an abstraction) as if it had concrete or material existence."
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/reification

Thus when we say a wall is true, we mean that it is vertical when measured by a plumb line. The wall is true to the reference system. The trueness of the wall is not an absolute - for example when there is a gravitational anomaly.

Thus every truth (statement) must be paired with the reference system to which it is true.

If we want absolute truth we need to find an absolute reference system. To be absolute the reference system must not change over time or on the other side of a black hole or on the other side of a pralaya.

https://theosophy.wiki/en/Pralaya

If there is no absolute truth, to what can we hold?

Life!
Vivat !

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
If you are looking for Absolute Truth, perhaps it can be explored by speculation through science, history and philosophy but it cannot be proved by science or rational thought. Hence Absolute Truth is irrational.

And yet, it's interesting we are called Speculative Freemasons is it not ?
Great answer!
he claims that he has moved on, after his disappointment...
..and with just one post, it appears that he has done the same here...
..but not before he dumped his load...
Yep.

William Beals

Before I joined Masonry I used to park outside lodge buildings to see if they attracted the energies from what post-1717 Masonry refers to as the Blazing/Flaming Star. When I found such a lodge I joined.

James, I too have been so drawn to the desire to sit outside of the lodge to feel if I was to be drawn in (so to speak). I mean the almost natural draw that I feel pulls me towards masonry and its beauty. Yet to be sitting outside of the lodge like the kid that wasn't picked to play. Almost seemingly waiting for a player to be injured so the coach would say..."Hey c'mon and join the game" yet I'm 110% sure that the WM has plenty of backup players in the lodge. hahahaha I've never wanted to be seen and someone trying to sneak over/under/through that old west gate that is so heavily guarded but would it be ignorant of me to do exactly as to claimed to have done. I've had so much difficulty with coming to an understanding of who I am and what I must do before continuing forward with life. I now believe that though this giant ant hill which I have molded into a mountain and set in my own direct path was my own doing and once i get back to the other side and take control of what i need to take control of, then and only then will i be ready for another attempt at joining the lodge. Yet The question i put forth again. Would it be deemed unwise to approach a lodge(and stay outside) to attempt to draw energy for a positive assistance of sorts? I wouldn't desire the Big T. to come storming out of the lodge and run me off. :D

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
James, I too have been so drawn to the desire to sit outside of the lodge to feel if I was to be drawn in (so to speak). Would it be deemed unwise to approach a lodge(and stay outside) to attempt to draw energy for a positive assistance of sorts? I wouldn't desire the Big T. to come storming out of the lodge and run me off. :D
Yes, that would be unwise, and may result in a trespass order.

William Beals

It was suggested that you could and if you feel comfortable (because "You should be comfortable with your sort in-lodge") after seeing what type of men are entering that then you should contact the secretary and discuss a possible invite. Seemed reasonable to me and I"m sure the idea differs from brother to brother. All the same I appreciate your responses.

All that vibe talk sitting in the car outside a lodge was a bit wasted on me. It sounds slightly ... what's the right word for this? : )

Not a clue, yet now you have my curiosity.

Vibes are for masons.

So just walking into any lodge and inquiring membership without even getting a feel for its members is recommended or perhaps we are talking about two different "Vibes"?

They're also for unbalance wheels... just sayin'

You said it, and it was funny.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor

So just walking into any lodge and inquiring membership without even getting a feel for its members is recommended or perhaps we are talking about two different "Vibes"?

I was addressing your statement: "I didn't mean as to say to enter onto the lodges premises. lol i meant like sit outside in your car on public property and get a vibe so to speak."