My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bloke

Premium Member
I'm not sure I know any royalist brothers, so ...

Come to Australia, a Commonwealth Country, we, including the Republicans in our lodge, toast the Queen at our Festive Board.

"The Golden Fleece’s song is characteristic of our visitor’s songs, although many are shorter. Drinking “to the bonds of masonry/friendship” is common as are the celebration of fraternity and the values of Freemasonry. These songs are used in our “Souths” (Festive Boards) and generally sung after the toast to the visitors, and before the visitors respond. The Lodge will be upstanding while visitors are seated, often lodges will move around the room and clink glasses with as many visitors as they can while the song is being sung. American readers might be surprised to see a reference to the Queen. This of course is the Queen of England who is our head of state – Australia"

The price of dinner at the link might surprise you http://www.lodgedevotion.net/devoti...odges/lodge-of-the-golden-fleece-uglv-2011-03