My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's official

dfreybur

Premium Member
Some (and I believe Texas just opened this up) allow you to affiliate with a lodge in another GL.

The form I used this month when I petitioned for dual membership in a Texas lodge had a date field that started with 19______. At the practice on Tue the Sec handed me a new form to replace it. No hurry as the Certificate of Good Standing wends its way through GL offices.

Use of the word "just" there suggests you've been around the track a few times. ;^)

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
So hows that Internet lodge work? You are a member of the UGLE then? What happens if after you join, you demit from GLoTX? Still a UGLE member?
Sorry for the delay, Brother Michael...

Petitioning for membership in IL 9659 is like Petitioning for Plural Membership in any other Lodge in any other Jurisdiction. You must be a Master Mason in good standing. You must be a member of a Constituent Lodge of a Recognised Grand Lodge. Your Grand Lodge must allow Plural Membership outside of its Jurisdiction. Your Petition must be accepted to be voted on, and the vote must be positive. You are then a member of the Lodge, and of the United Grand Lodge of England.
And yes, you could separate yourself from your Mother Jurisdiction, but unless you are moving to the UK (and even if you were), why would you want to?