Jolly Roger

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Isaih, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Isaih

Isaih Registered User

yes Bryan, I live in the country.
    From your name I summise your heritage is Irish Catholic. And thus you may not be aware of the standard protestant beliefs.
    If you read any English history from the turbulent years when we freed ourselves from the pope, you'll see my thoughts are echoed by men of stature and learning.
    The mighty men of history, my protestant forefathers.
    The pope also claims temporal and spiritual rule over every soul on earth.

I think if you take the time to read up on the period of the 17th and 18th century you'll see this is pretty standard history. And the Bill of Rights should be read in the context of the beliefs at the time.

2. Morris

Morris Premium Member

What's the difference between fly and superfly and how do I reach this pinnacle?

3. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Let's see... first, I never said you cried Illuminati (a long-dead organization with no more connection to the all-seeing eye than the cover of a novel forty-odd years ago), I made a comparison of you and other conspiracy theorists. Second, you're quoting a blog post from three years ago as "proof" of something. That's regurgitation. It's also unacceptable as source material. Nothing you've put forth so far would hold up in a secondary school class, more or less a serious discussion of world politics.

4. Isaih

Isaih Registered User

trysquare if I am regurgitating a theory of someone else by coincidence I'm unaware of it.
    You might try being specific.
    Unless general insults and ad hominem attacks are considered honourable by your lights.
    In which case we will never learn from each other.
    And further conversation is pointless.

jmorris that's a great question . I suppose there must be a difference between fly and superfly

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

No kidding!!!!!! This stuff is whacked.

6. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Isaih, you've taken down your paper, so it's difficult to be more specific. I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm being critical of what I find to be a flawed theory based on suppositions. If you're going to claim a global conspiracy spanning six centuries, you're going to need to cite more references than one history book and a blog. Editors will be far more critical than I have been.
    Out.

7. BryanMaloney

BryanMaloney Premium Member

I am QUITE aware of standard Protestant beliefs. I have attended Methodist and Baptist congregations at various times in my life. To presume from my name that I must be Catholic? What is the origin of this bigotry on your part? I have read a great deal of English history, and it does not support lunatic conspiracy theories like the Pope trying to take over the world. Your smug attempt to "lecture" me only shows off your own bigotry and ignorance. My NAME means that I have no familiarity with Protestantism? Who is such a lunatic and bigot as to believe that?

Warrior1256 likes this.
  8. Warrior1256

Most excellent point.

9. Vincit qui se vincit

Vincit qui se vincit Registered User

I am sorry brother, but you are wrong - There IS a connection. Some freemasons were actual pirates FACT, our oaths, grips and symbols are not only just from operative stone mason guilds.

10. Vincit qui se vincit

Vincit qui se vincit Registered User

The first grand lodge may have started in England. but it most certainly not the oldest. The oldest Grand Lodge in continuous existence is the Grand Lodge of Ireland - FACT

I also worry brother that you don't actually know what Freemasonry is.. It is most certainly not about conventional stone masonry.

and spouting out quotes from wiki and google about 'memento mori' shows how little you factually know about the subject. You said "The ONLY symbols that are specifically Masonic are those that take their rise from the medieval Stone Masons' Trade." our initiations are not masonic then brother?

I am in Northern Ireland and frequently visit UGLE lodges and higher orders and am most happy to debate with you ;)

11. Mike Martin

Mike Martin Eternal Apprentice Premium Member

Nice assertion and if, as you say, it is a FACT you will be able to supply me with their names and Lodges details won't you?
    NOT a fact at all as supported by the other Home Grand Lodges, including your own (if, as you insinuate, are a member of a Lodge under the Grand Lodge of Ireland). The Premier Grand Lodge of England (1717) did not miraculously disappear in 1813 it merged with the "Antients" Grand Lodge of England (1756) and went forward under the Grand Master of the Premier Grand Lodge at its helm. This is why there are still Lodges from both in operation today.

Err, you've lost me there?

Ha ha if you've found that explanation on wiki (whatever that is) it means that someone has found it here since I wrote it (four years ago) and copied it. Good luck to them in recognising accurate information.

I tend to avoid people who start off a debate in "attack" rather than "help" mode, so this will be my only answer to you I'm afraid. That is unless you start a topic which interests me, of course.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Warrior1256 likes this.
  12. Warrior1256

Well said Brother.

13. jermy Bell

jermy Bell Registered User

So, showing up to degree work dressed as a pirate is out of the question?

Warrior1256 likes this.
  14. Warrior1256

aaarrrrrrrrr!

jermy Bell likes this.
  15. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

I will only add to this mess by recalling a part of the Charge when I was Entered.

"He is not to neglect his own necessary avocations for the sake of Freemasonry, nor to involve himself in quarrels with those who through ignorance may speak evilly or despitefully of it."

The ignorance to me is clearly displayed, so I will pass.

Warrior1256 likes this.

Share My Freemasonry