My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just married and craving

dizlwizl

Premium Member
Hello brothers, I had recently gotten married yesterday and was looking for some study information. I hadn't received much since raised because I got married soon after if anuone can help please contact me thanks

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110429_060302.png
    ForumRunner_20110429_060302.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 507

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Congratulations of both your Raising and Marriage.

What Jurisdiction did you get Raised in?

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Congratulations to you on both of your recent achievements!!

Now that you are Raised to the Sublime Degree, there is a ton of great reading material out there available on the internet. I suggest Mackey's Encyclopedia of Freemasonry as a starter, it is possible to find copies for less than $300... I know, I bought mine for $25 at the TMRC Family Day.

Good Luck on both of your journeys!

MikeMay

Premium Member
Let me help you this way....

If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married. - Deuteronomy 24:5 (New International Version)

Better keep momma happy or you won't be happy...

MikeMay

Premium Member
i have foud more onmasonry here than with by brothers at the lodge. the are alot of good brothers here.

I belong to a great lodge, with great brothers whom I learn much from...but I agree, this is an excellent site to learn from, and great brothers to interact with!!!

dizlwizl

Premium Member
I know my GM is Bro. William Grey from Dallas. I haven't been able to really participate in any meetings since I live in tyler which is about a 2 hr drive and my new work schedule that has me pinned down now, but qith the little I know now I feel better but I want to be active soon. also he does still have my certifricate and apron, I do believe I need to go get those soon right?

Beathard

Premium Member
You want to get them before they are lost or misplaced, but you can be an active mason without them. BTW, there are three lodges in Tyler: St. John's, TR Bonner and Tyler. Have you checked them out?

Beathard

Premium Member
So is GM wrong or is this another kind of masonry? T. E. "Gene" Carnes is GM of GLoT. Wilbert M. Curtis is GM of Prince Hall GLoT.

Kenneth Lottman

dizlwizl said:
I know my GM is Bro. William Grey from Dallas. I haven't been able to really participate in any meetings since I live in tyler which is about a 2 hr drive and my new work schedule that has me pinned down now, but qith the little I know now I feel better but I want to be active soon. also he does still have my certifricate and apron, I do believe I need to go get those soon right?

Hey brother I live in Lindale (Just north of Tyler Lindale lodge #848 ) we have practice nite every monday @ 630ish (except the 1st monday of the month OES stated meeting) and our stated meeting is the 1st Tuesday @ 7p dinner at 6p. Come by and visit with us! PM me if need more info!

dizlwizl

Premium Member
by the way, im not allowed to any of them bc I am black. im not PHA either I am truly AF&AM. so I have nowhere to go except back to ds allas whenever I can. I really dont understand why a black person who is scottish rite fellowship with others of a different color?