My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learning the Secrets

LelandC

I've no issue with non-Masons knowing our "secrets". My only concern is that they not come to know them from me, as I gave my solemn word that I'd not divulge them. For me it is primarily an exercise in integrity.

melinda

Joining OES, I have been asked what is and when I tell them it's a sub group that uphold the ideals of the Free Masons I am asked if it's a cult or secret organization and things like, you guys rule the government and other odd things. When people give me a hard time saying they are sure I am hiding something, I get them to laugh by saying, we'd take over the government, but we can't even decide what meal we are going to have before the next meeting, so one step at a time LOL! This usually gets them to back down, got this line from a seasoned free Mason and OES member :)

Doubleagle357

Joining OES, I have been asked what is and when I tell them it's a sub group that uphold the ideals of the Free Masons I am asked if it's a cult or secret organization and things like, you guys rule the government and other odd things. When people give me a hard time saying they are sure I am hiding something, I get them to laugh by saying, we'd take over the government, but we can't even decide what meal we are going to have before the next meeting, so one step at a time LOL! This usually gets them to back down, got this line from a seasoned free Mason and OES member :)
What about those persons that say FM is a cult and they know all there is to know ....but aren't members ...................My response is "If I bite an apple and chew it can they tell me how it tastes?

melinda

I am also member of the Upc, United Pentecostal Church and we are often labeled as a cult so I am use to the assumptions, without joining how will you ever know I say. What's the worst will happen, you don't like it and you quit going on with life without us, your loss

Sent from my SM-S120VL using My Freemasonry mobile app

dfreybur

Premium Member
What about those persons that say FM is a cult and they know all there is to know ....but aren't members ...................My response is "If I bite an apple and chew it can they tell me how it tastes?

"I pray for your mental healing." That's my response to them.