My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic Garden Idea

CLewey44

Hello everyone,

I am into gardening a bit and was trying to come up with some ideas to have a slight Masonic twist to my garden. By that I mean, any, and I mean ANY plants mentioned in Masonry at all and it's appendant bodies. I have come up with a few:

- Acacia
- Olive Tree (too big)
- Pomegranate
- Rose (?)
- A skep beehive maybe
- Possibly the two types of Ashlar

These are a couple items I thought of and plants too. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I thought about an hourglass maybe sort of half buried would be neat too. Also, if you know of ideas AND somewhere to acquire or purchase these ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm thinking subtle to the untrained eye but a bit obvious to fellow travelers. Just an idea I've been playing with and may actually do this spring.

Fraternally,

CL

dfreybur

Premium Member
Pomegranate grows in zones 6-8 so in Oklahoma you're good to go.

Network is a type of spreading vines. There are many types of spreading vines so it doesn't mean one specific type.

Roy_

Maybe you would like this book:
Symbolism in 18th Century Gardens. The Influence of Intellectual and Esoteric Currents, such as Freemasonry, Den Haag 2006, ISBN 9080777838, ill., 374 pagina’s.
Published by a Freemasonry investigation group.

CLewey44

http://treesandshrubs.about.com/od/selection/ss/Meet-28-Species-of-Acacia-Trees-and-Shrubs.htm

Silver wattle looks the most like the plastic ones I see in lodge. Umbrella thorn wattle says its rumored to be the wood used in the Ark of the Covenant. I've seen some of the bush species and had no idea they were in the acacia family.

I'm thinking the mini cog acacia. It's small but still an acacia. I really want it to be directionally accurate too...Hopefully I can complete it by the end of spring. I may try to incorporate the OES as well.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Hello everyone,

I am into gardening a bit and was trying to come up with some ideas to have a slight Masonic twist to my garden. ... If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I thought about an hourglass maybe sort of half buried would be neat too. Also, if you know of ideas AND somewhere to acquire or purchase these ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm thinking subtle to the untrained eye but a bit obvious to fellow travelers. Just an idea I've been playing with and may actually do this spring.

Fraternally,

CL
Here's something that I have in mine - it is a spot-welded garden stick/rod with a S&C on top.

Yes, I made it and I make them for my Brothers too. Obviously, not subtle! I have other designs too. Hope this gives you some ideas, if you're not going for subtle.

20121209_210256.jpg