Masonic tattoos

Discussion in 'Fun and Notables' started by blacksmith83, Nov 14, 2015.

1. JMartinez

JMartinez Registered User

They aren't mine. They are just some pics I found while looking for a design. I have contemplated getting a Masonic tattoo on my hand, in between thumb and index. But I'm an accounting major. And I don't want anything holding me back. Maybe one day people won't be so prejudice about physical appearance. Some of the most genuine people I've ever met (Mason's and non-Mason's) have tattoos.

2. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Hand and face tats immediately make me think of gang relations.....ring finger tats are fine by me for people who work in an industry that makes wearing rings dangerous

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

3. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I'd think carefully before getting any tattoo on the hands - esp in relation to future professions and impressions.

Ripcord22A likes this.
  4. melinda

melinda Registered User

I checked first with the "higher ups" that be and got the OES star and wanted to have the Masonic symbol in it since they are related; told to wear it with pride and I do on inner right arm. I would have put on my leg or shoulders, but they are taken by other tattoos hehe!

Attached Files:

Kyle Samuel, Warrior1256 and Bloke like this.
  5. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Nice :)

melinda likes this.
  6. melinda

melinda Registered User

Thanks, should get it touched up in a few places!! ;)

7. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Very cool!

melinda likes this.
  8. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

I haw two Marine Corps tat's. One Eagle globe and anchor, the other a unit insignia we had done after Beirut. I want a St. Michael portrait. and maybe something to do with KYCH, still thinking on that one.

9. Roy_

Roy_ Registered User

Mine are more subtle. My current 'avatar', but in a dotwork style. And this one.
    They're more 'Masonic references' than Masonic tattoos perhaps.

10. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

Isnt this emblem the same as the worthy patron wears ? In other words, A MM wears this symbol on his apron ?

11. melinda

melinda Registered User

I would have to look it up, none of them said that to me when I showed them the design.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using My Freemasonry mobile app

12. JMartinez

JMartinez Registered User

Warrior1256 likes this.
  13. Warrior1256

I agree! I know a Brother who rides a motorcycle, wears leathers in lodge, has long hair, earrings, and tattoos. In my opinion a better Mason would be very hard to find, he's a great guy! I, myself, wear earrings and try my very best to be the best man and Mason that I can. Anyone that would judge a person as a man and Mason simply from appearance should look inward at himself.

LK600 and tldubb like this.
  14. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member Site Benefactor

Calling tattoos tasteless is a personal opinion and has no business being thrown in the faces of others. If I want a tattoo I will get one, if I want a piercing I'll get one. The commenter obviously only wants men just like him in Masonry. Not much tolerance there...

Warrior1256, bupton52 and Ripcord22A like this.
  15. Warrior1256

Absolutely!

16. Derek Harvey

Derek Harvey Registered User

17. JanneProeliator

JanneProeliator Registered User

I ride a motorcycle and I have a lot of tattoos. My brethen welcomed me with open arms with all my ink.
    I have actually been thinking of getting a masonic themed tattoo one day. But that's one day.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  18. Warrior1256

Same here, I already have four tattoos so what's one more, lol.

19. Thomas Stright

Thomas Stright Premium Member

Just got this yesterday.... very Happy with it.

Attached Files:

JMartinez likes this.
  20. David612

David612 Registered User

This is a fantastic thread, I have no tattoos but I have to say that with the symbolism in our craft the scope is very wide here and I'm sure there will be some beautiful art to come, almost enough to make me consider getting some ink.

Warrior1256 likes this.

Share My Freemasonry