Master Mason degree

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Phil P, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Georgi Ivanov

Georgi Ivanov Registered User

Gratz for the upcoming degree, Bro. What a way to start the new Year

Fraternally,
    G∴I

2. Phil P

Phil P Registered User

Very true. If Grand Lodge wasn't the week of my birthday (Jan 20), I would've requested to have that done then

3. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Great!

4. jrnteach

jrnteach Registered User

My own 3rd degree is scheduled for January 17th. That date is memorable as it would have been my moms 70th birthday (she passed away almost nine years ago). I was very fortunate that the worshipful master of my Lodge was able to schedule me like that.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  5. Warrior1256

Congratulations Brother. Be sure to let us know how it went.

6. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

Brethren, keep us informed. Maybe we should start a "myfreemasonary.com" traveling degree team.

7. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

That would be fun.

The Knights of Mecca from Hella Shrine do a lot of Masters Degree work at Lodges in the DFW area. I think there is some protocol with the GL for dispensation for the team to actually confer the degrees.

8. Phil P

Phil P Registered User

I did my fellowcraft back on July 25 which was my mom's b-day
    I'd love that

9. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Any group of qualified Master Masons of a jurisdiction can use that jurisdiction's authorized ritual without dispensation as long at that lodge's pedestal officers are there to do the opening and closing.

Dispensation is only needed to raise a candidate using some other ritual. For example there is a traveling degree team that does Oklahoma ritual that confers degrees across the US with dispensation.

I suspect dispensation might be needed to use costumes. But should that be the case? My mother lodge does degrees in tuxedo. That's a costume.

10. David612

David612 Registered User

Tuxedo isn’t a costume, it’s a standard.
    :)

11. Warrior1256

Yeah, here the Valley of Louisville Scottish Rite has a degree team that travels the area conferring the degrees when requested.

12. Phil P

Phil P Registered User

I was FINALLY raised to the sublime degree of a Master Mason last night. Although our lodge is still in a renovation process, this was the first time we held a degree in our own building since before Hurricane Harvey. And what a night it was, really enjoyed the experience & looking fwd to taking part in the degrees myself after I get this proficiency finished

Bloke and Symthrell like this.
  13. David Duke

David Duke Premium Member

Congratulations Brother, sorry I couldn’t make it we were having a FC last night and I needed to be at it.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

14. Phil P

Phil P Registered User

I did get the e-mail blast that y'all were also having a degree too. Worshipful Don Withrow from Humble Lodge conferred my degree. Still a little dusty but hey, at least we did our degree in our own building

15. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Congratulations Brother, glad you could be raised in your own lodge building.

16. Warrior1256

Congratulations Brother!!!!

17. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Welcome again, and again, to the family Thrice adopted Brother.

18. Phil P

Phil P Registered User

Oh most definitely. Good thing all the tools was set to the side so I didn't run into anything....lol

Share My Freemasonry