My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meeting a brother...

M

mark!

I've been in class all day today, taking my TCLEOSE Basic Police Instructor class finally, and have been enjoying the class. Well, the instructor, whom has been in law enforcement for 50 years, speak very clearly, almost rhythmically, it sounds great just to listen to him talk. I noticed a tie clasp, and a ring that looked awfully similar to a Masons ring, but sitting in the back, couldn't make it out. On lunch, I was walking out the door when he grabbed me by the arm. Getting a better look, it was sure he was a Brother. I haven't met many brethren out and about like this, but always love when I do. We spent half our lunch hour talking, and about an hour after class talking, he said he was going to let us out early and would appreciate me hanging after to talk. He's actually the old Deputy Chief from my department. We're planning on doing some travelling visitation together, and visiting each others lodges frequently since mine meets Tuesday nights, his meets Thursday nights. Just wanted to share my experience today, in the least expecting places, it's great to meet a Brother. He talked about his lecture work, and how it's helped him become an instructor and use his voice to keep the audience entertained. The entire class was like sitting in the lodge room during a lecture from someone who really knows the lecture, and who loves giving them. Just a great experience.

Bro.BruceBenjamin

Premium Member
I had a similar experience in '01 when I was taking Training for Trainers LEO. I have instructed Defensive Tactics and Fire Arms. I also did some work for D.O.C for S.O.R.T, S.M.U and Inmate Transport. I'm currently doing contract work for the D.O.D.

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
We are everywhere. When the a couple of brothers came to do my investigation, I learned that my next door neighbor was a Mason.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
great story. greatness how meeting a brother can make you feel and the doors it can open just awesomeness

cemab4y

Premium Member
In 2005, I was standing on a helicopter tarmac in Al-Asad, Iraq. It was 200am in the morning, and it was dark an dusty, and the prop-wash of the helicopters was blowing the desert dust around. I noticed a group of soldiers, and one had a flicker of light on his finger, and when I examined more closely, I saw the square and compasses. I introduced myself, and found out that he was from Glasgow KY, and a member of the lodge, that is 31 miles from my home lodge in Kentucky.

You will meet masons everywhere.