My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memphis-Misraim Rite

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Yes, there are GLs in other parts of the world that practice it and are recognized. I don't have exact locations, though I believe there are some in South America, and also some in the Balkan region.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
This takes us back to our old friend, the List of Lodges - Masonic (Pantagraph). In it, the Rite a Grand Lodge practices are usually listed, along with whether your GL recognizes them.

As to the RM+M, and the A&PRM, there are Lodges in Venezuela and the Dominican Republic that you may visit. Also, Italy and Romania.

Devyn

What intrigues me about Memphis-Misraim is that, arguably, the first sacred temples erected in stone were dedicated to pre-Judeo-Christian concepts of God. Further, the Egyptians were responsible for so many developments in the sciences and arts that their contributions to humanity can't be easily ignored. It makes perfect sense to me that Egyptian iconography, spirit, cosmology, mysticism, and culture can play as strong a role in this beautiful system of allegory as the raising of the great temple of the Jewish people.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

dfreybur

Premium Member
What intrigues me about Memphis-Misraim is that, arguably, the first sacred temples erected in stone were dedicated to pre-Judeo-Christian concepts of God.

I'm not sure how arguable that is. There are plenty of archeological sites with temples older than Abraham. Humans have been devout in one way or another going back much further than him.

Further, the Egyptians were responsible for so many developments in the sciences and arts that their contributions to humanity can't be easily ignored. It makes perfect sense to me that Egyptian iconography, spirit, cosmology, mysticism, and culture can play as strong a role in this beautiful system of allegory as the raising of the great temple of the Jewish people.

If you have a chance to check out an AMORC museum or lodge room, definitely go for it. They are filled with such references.

I would like Allied Masonic Degrees to try out Memphis-Misraim for these reasons.

memphisrite

Seems to be unrecognized. . .any offical word?

Dear Brother:

Memphis Rite, Misraim Rite and "Memphis-Misraim Rite" are three different rites, not to be confused.

As right now, Ancient and Primitive Memphis Rite Is regular in the Dominican Republic under the recognition of Grand Lodge of the Dominican Republic (Gran Logia de la Republica Dominicana), and in Ecuador, Under the recognition of the Grand Lodge Of Ecuador. Both Grand Lodges are recognized by the UGLE.

It works on the three degrees system and follows all Landmarks. As Happens with other rites, there is irregular lodges working on this rite, and mos probably, any lodge working it outside the DR and Ecuador are Irregular.

Even so, in the USA there's no Regular Lodge working on this rite.

At this moment, Im W:.M:. of my lodge, "Caballeros de Memphis no.50" which works in the A.P.M.R. in the Dominican Republic.

The so called "Memphis Misraim Rite" and the "Misraim Rites" have nothing to do with this rite...