My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howard Giang

Hi, I am a new member to this forum. Is there a way to change my name to an alias just like most members using this forum? Thanks.

Keith C

Hello and welcome.

I do not think you can change the profile name, but I may be wrong. I have no doubt someone who knows for sure will be along to confirm.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Yes. I believe that all members can edit their user names now. I don’t think that it can be accomplished through the mobile application.

Howard Giang

The best of luck to you. Keep us informed of your progress along the way.
Thanks will do. In fact, if I have gotten accepted, you probably will know. However, I am a type of person like a race car that needs a little push in order to accelerate. Hopefully, a special someone eventually comes along and gives me push.

Bloke

Premium Member
Thanks will do. In fact, if I have gotten accepted, you probably will know. However, I am a type of person like a race car that needs a little push in order to accelerate. Hopefully, a special someone eventually comes along and gives me push.

I suggest that special someone should be you. Think of it as your first growth in Freemasonry as a better man ;)

"I am 48 yrs old, an Asian male, currently living in West Sacramento, CA. I am married with 2 sons. Growing up as an only son in the family with 4 sisters, I always value the brotherhood. I joined a fraternity in college and was mostly for college. Anyhow, I watched many YouTube videos and somehow I ended up watching quite a few videos related to masonry. The part that really interested me the most is masonic funeral rite/ritual. I had attended various funeral customary settings, but I like the masonic funeral ritual the most because symbolically it is very meaningful to me. I would like to have a masonic funeral ritual for myself in the future. I don't know if one must be a Freemason in order to have this masonic funeral ritual. I heard it is not easy to become a Freemason, but it is not hard if one really wants it."

Masonic Funerals are only given to Freemasons. It is also worth noting that they vary from place to place and Grand Lodge to Grand Lodge.. but while there is a lot of BS on youtube about Freemasonry - I dont think I've ever seen that in relation to funerals.. But, as a Freemason, I must say I am much much more interested in how I live my life rather than thinking about how others will mark its end - but one thing for sure - I definitely want a Masonic Funeral and all my Masonic Medals to be donated back to the Lodges who gave them to me.. if those lodges don't exist - I would like to be buried with them... but hopefully that's a long way off :)

(edited for meaning)

Last edited:

Howard Giang

I suggest that special someone should be you. Think of it as your first growth in Freemasonry as a better man ;)

"I am 48 yrs old, an Asian male, currently living in West Sacramento, CA. I am married with 2 sons. Growing up as an only son in the family with 4 sisters, I always value the brotherhood. I joined a fraternity in college and was mostly for college. Anyhow, I watched many YouTube videos and somehow I ended up watching quite a few videos related to masonry. The part that really interested me the most is masonic funeral rite/ritual. I had attended various funeral customary settings, but I like the masonic funeral ritual the most because symbolically it is very meaningful to me. I would like to have a masonic funeral ritual for myself in the future. I don't know if one must be a Freemason in order to have this masonic funeral ritual. I heard it is not easy to become a Freemason, but it is not hard if one really wants it."

Masonic Funerals are only given to Freemasons. It is also worth nothing they vary from place to place and Grand Lodge to Grand Lodge.. but while there is a lot of BS on youtube about Freemasonry - I dont think I've ever seen that in relation to funerals.. But, as a Freemason, I must say I am much much more interested in how I live my life rather than thinking about how others will mark its end - but one thing for sure - I definitely want a Masonic Funeral and all my Masonic Medals to be donated back to the Lodges who gave them to me.. if those lodges don't exist - I would like to be buried with them... but hopefully that's a long way off :)
Thanks Bloke,
It appears you value your Lodge and the Brothers at your Lodge like part of your family.
Anyhow, I don’t understand what you meant “Masonic Furnerals are only given to Freemasons. It is worth nothing they vary from place to place...” Are you saying symbolically Masonic Furnerals means nothing. I differ from you in point. I think how we are living and conducting ourselves in this world can be equated to how we are studying and doing homeworks and passing tests in college. At the end, hard honest works and efforts can be summarized to a diploma. In addition, when the right time to go, it depends how we leave this earth like a dedication of many Brothers as witnesses and their testimonials indicate to how well you would have lived on earth. Can be truthfully defined “better men make better society.” Likewise, at the end, hard honest works and efforts can be summarized at a Masonic Furneral Ritual. Everyone will forever remember him as a Brother that had fulfilled his obligation, responsibility, accountability, and dedication to make a better society. He is worthy to be a Freemason, and that is how I believe how important a Masonic Furneral Rituals is.

Bloke

Premium Member
Thanks Bloke,
It appears you value your Lodge and the Brothers at your Lodge like part of your family.
Anyhow, I don’t understand what you meant “Masonic Furnerals are only given to Freemasons. It is worth nothing they vary from place to place...” Are you saying symbolically Masonic Furnerals means nothing. I differ from you in point. I think how we are living and conducting ourselves in this world can be equated to how we are studying and doing homeworks and passing tests in college. At the end, hard honest works and efforts can be summarized to a diploma. In addition, when the right time to go, it depends how we leave this earth like a dedication of many Brothers as witnesses and their testimonials indicate to how well you would have lived on earth. Can be truthfully defined “better men make better society.” Likewise, at the end, hard honest works and efforts can be summarized at a Masonic Furneral Ritual. Everyone will forever remember him as a Brother that had fulfilled his obligation, responsibility, accountability, and dedication to make a better society. He is worthy to be a Freemason, and that is how I believe how important a Masonic Furneral Rituals is.
Hi, sorry, autocorrect was at work - "nothing" should have read "noting" and I've corrected it.

Howard Giang

Hi, sorry, autocorrect was at work - "nothing" should have read "noting" and I've corrected it.
Thanks Bloke, I knew you probably misspelled because you said you would have a Masonic Furneral. I just used the opportunity to stretch the important of Masonic Furneral. Furnerals in general are important especially to anyone with a religion because worshiping God ultimately boils down to salvation. Our souls doesn’t begin at birth nor will they end at a furneral. Like water molecule changes phase from gas to water to ice then back to water and to gas, but it will never disappear, and so are our souls.

(Yelling out loud) We are Freemason! Free and Accept and will forever be with God!
I meant you are a Freemason, and I am not. I have to add this last paragraph because it sounds good if I were a Freemason that is what I would say.

Gopalakrisnan

I am staying in Puchong Malaysia. i called one of my nearest Admin Office and requested to be a member but has been rejected. They said i need an introducer in order to become a member. Did anyones can introduce me?

MarkR

Premium Member
I am staying in Puchong Malaysia. i called one of my nearest Admin Office and requested to be a member but has been rejected. They said i need an introducer in order to become a member. Did anyones can introduce me?
It has to be someone who is a member in Malaysia.