New to the idea

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bphste1, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Bphste1

Bphste1 Registered User

Well I am new to freemasons. Well actually I am just waiting to be approved hopefully to join the Van Wert, OH lodge. I am trying to learn as much as I can.
    I have been looking into the freemasons for years just finally decided to take the plunge.
    So any info that I can get would be great. I have looked around to find info on my particular local lodge but having a very difficult time finding anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Bloke likes this.
  2. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

3. Mike Martin

Mike Martin Eternal Apprentice Premium Member

My usual advice to guys in your position is to have a look on Ebay or abebooks to see if your prospective Grand Lodge has a published history. Leave everything else to the proper system which is going through the degree ceremonies which will be delivered to you by your prospective Lodge.

Bphste1 likes this.
  4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Greetings and welcome to the forum. I don't know about info about the lodge you petitioned but these forums are loaded with Masonic info.

Bphste1 likes this.
  5. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Freemasonry is a process way beyond getting your degrees and takes a while to get a handle of.
    Congrats on applying and I wish you every success in your journey to become a Freemason. It's not easy. I'm still trying after almost 20 years after being initiated... but I feel like I am slowly coming along :) .. and it's been a lovely journey despite bumps in the road.

Bphste1 likes this.
  6. Bphste1

Bphste1 Registered User

I appreciate it. I am becoming an entered apprentice this Thursday. Very excited to join the brotherhood.

7. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Is it Thursday yet ?

8. Bphste1

Bphste1 Registered User

Yes, I am an entered apprentice and will be starting the proficiency next Monday the 19th.

Adrian Martinez and Bloke like this.
  9. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

BROTHER !
    :)

Congrats and I wish you a long, happy and productive time in Freemasonry.

Adrian Martinez likes this.
  10. Bphste1

Bphste1 Registered User

Thank you. I am excited for my journey of learning and not only improving myself but helping my brothers and family to become better people as well.

Bloke likes this.
  11. Ross Thompson

Ross Thompson Site Benefactor

Congrats brother! Be diligent with your proficiency studies, have an open mind to the text any your mentor, there is a lot of information to be gleaned in the allegories of the degree work.

12. Buckeye

Buckeye Registered User

Welcome Brother to the Grand Lodge of Ohio. Enjoy your journey.

Share My Freemasonry