My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the idea

Bphste1

Well I am new to freemasons. Well actually I am just waiting to be approved hopefully to join the Van Wert, OH lodge. I am trying to learn as much as I can.
I have been looking into the freemasons for years just finally decided to take the plunge.
So any info that I can get would be great. I have looked around to find info on my particular local lodge but having a very difficult time finding anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
My usual advice to guys in your position is to have a look on Ebay or abebooks to see if your prospective Grand Lodge has a published history. Leave everything else to the proper system which is going through the degree ceremonies which will be delivered to you by your prospective Lodge.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Greetings and welcome to the forum. I don't know about info about the lodge you petitioned but these forums are loaded with Masonic info.

Bloke

Premium Member
Freemasonry is a process way beyond getting your degrees and takes a while to get a handle of.
Congrats on applying and I wish you every success in your journey to become a Freemason. It's not easy. I'm still trying after almost 20 years after being initiated... but I feel like I am slowly coming along :) .. and it's been a lovely journey despite bumps in the road.

Bphste1

Freemasonry is a process way beyond getting your degrees and takes a while to get a handle of.
Congrats on applying and I wish you every success in your journey to become a Freemason. It's not easy. I'm still trying after almost 20 years after being initiated... but I feel like I am slowly coming along :) .. and it's been a lovely journey despite bumps in the road.

I appreciate it. I am becoming an entered apprentice this Thursday. Very excited to join the brotherhood.

Bphste1

BROTHER !
:)

Congrats and I wish you a long, happy and productive time in Freemasonry.

Thank you. I am excited for my journey of learning and not only improving myself but helping my brothers and family to become better people as well.

Ross Thompson

Site Benefactor
Congrats brother! Be diligent with your proficiency studies, have an open mind to the text any your mentor, there is a lot of information to be gleaned in the allegories of the degree work.

Bphste1

Congrats brother! Be diligent with your proficiency studies, have an open mind to the text any your mentor, there is a lot of information to be gleaned in the allegories of the degree work.

I am learning more and more. It is just a lot harder to memorize the lines than it was when I was a kid trying to memorize lines for skits or plays that I was in back then. But I am getting there. Reading everyday.
I know repetition will help.

Ross Thompson

Site Benefactor
I am learning more and more. It is just a lot harder to memorize the lines than it was when I was a kid trying to memorize lines for skits or plays that I was in back then. But I am getting there. Reading everyday.
I know repetition will help.

Yes the memory does become harder with age, but you'll hold on you it longer. When I do memory work with a brother, I go until he stumbles then start over at the beginning. This seems harsh, but reinforces the work he's already committed to memory.

You're working your ashlar, it's about perseverance and endurance.