My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not passing your examination

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
In all the lodges Ive been to that I've seen a profeciency turned in, at the competion the Master leaves the East approaches the Alter and i forms the candidate that he finds him proficient and shakes the candidates hand. Ive never seen a vote
Maybe it's a Kentucky thing but I have always seen a vote by the membership of the lodge
You can sound like Lorne Greene when practicing..... And come off like Daffy Duck when sitting in front of an open lodge.
LOL......very true!

Thomas Stright

Premium Member
In our lodge, candidate turns in his work, then stands behind the alter with his instructor who makes a motion that the candidate be found proficient, someone will second and the lodge takes a vote by show of hands.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Bloke

Premium Member
I had given my proficiency of the E.A degree in April. 2017. I have still not been passed to F.C. The lodge says they will pass me into the F.C In October, six months after I had already proven myself in the former degree... I am starting to think they do not want me to advance and am losing hope... Is this normal in Masonry? what should I do...
It is not unusual here where you must wait 52 weeks between initiation and MM Degree. This means we fit a FC in where we can, but on a long time line. Certainly not unheard of to take 4-12 months to get your second degree.

Are you attending Lodge ?