My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question

BroBook

Premium Member
Here is a question brothers: I know who the fellow on the other side is but who is his partner? ( I do not have an answer ) now keep in mind this is a question I would ask someone that I suspect of being a not so great pretender.

MarkR

Premium Member
Here is a question brothers: I know who the fellow on the other side is but who is his partner? ( I do not have an answer ) now keep in mind this is a question I would ask someone that I suspect of being a not so great pretender.
And I have no idea what you're talking about...lol!

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
Bro. Stewart, my answer to your question is to ALWAYS exercise caution when OUTSIDE of the Lodge........not every Man who identifies himself as a Mason is a LAWFULLY RECOGNIZED MASON, so, when unsure, you are best to shake his hand, exchange greetings, and go on your way........and, if he IS a Lawfully Recognized Mason, he won't approach you in a public place, and ask you any information that he KNOWS should only be "received in the way it was imparted"..........always respect the obligation you took, by only using modes of recognition, grips, and catechisms when among BRETHREN ONLY..............this way, you know you won't say anything out of turn..............Bro Jones

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Also realize that even though a man IS a recognized Brother, his GL might do things differently, even follow a completely different form, than your GL.
"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio..."

BroBook

Premium Member
That is true but every jurisdiction have these " hint" what attracted your.... Not asking his name wondering who he was?

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
Bro Book, some of us know that answer, but that's not an answer that all Recognized Masons are expected to discuss in public, or on a public Forum such as this......I too, was healed into PHA Masonry from a John G Jones Affiliated "AF&AM Grand Lodge", in Aug of 2010. We were taught THERE to challenge any and everyone you met, by asking them detailed questions relative to the immense amount of biblical and ritualistic information we were taught. On the Prince Hall side, knowledge is well respected, however, LINEAGE and PROPER AFFILIATION are more important to PHA Bros. Also, the RITUAL is what is taught and memorized in our Jurisdiction.

I still love and respect the Brothers in my Old Lodge, but I definitely don't regret my decision to go through the healing process, and become a Prince hall Mason. just my 2 cents..........Bro Jones

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Though I am still not familiar with what Bro. Brook is asking, I was beginning to get uncomfortable discussing more than the names of the pillars. Thanks for stepping in, Brother.

BroBook

Premium Member
Sorry brothers no offense was meant I thought it was a question with no answer, I turned money in last night petition will be presented the 2nd Friday of Jan.

Mindovermatter Ace

This is exactly the issue I was talking about with this forum. Here is this guy asking a question as if he is a mason and not at the very least a candidate, yet here you are having "Masonic intercourse" with a Cowan. Although I value his honesty about not being a mason I feel we are too ready to provide information about masonry when our OBs strictly forbid it.

Mindovermatter Ace

I would suggest to the moderators to AT LEAST have and open part of the site and a secure one for REAL Masons. Since we can upload pictures, why not have new members upload a pic of their MM certificate or a traveling card, as all true masons have one. I'm sure they're aren't many duplicates out there and that's something that's universal to the craft. I cannot condone masons voluntarily providing in-depth information about the craft. If a person is curious about the craft then we should refer them to Barnes & Noble or the internet for that matter. I see on this site that everyone talks about using Caution when approached by someone who identifies themselves as a mason. Does that NOT apply to the internet???

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
The problem with having a "verified" section and the reason that we do not have one is simple. It is impossible to verify a Brother outside of an in person face to face meeting. Since there is nothing that happens behind a closed Lodge door that can be discussed publicly or un-tiled there is no real purpose for shutting out everyone else.

Cblack

I have a question...what does Lodge #3 F&AM mean?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

Cblack

uploading a travel card? anyone can make a travel card and put a GL seal on it...that's a no go as clandestine masons have travel cards as well...some will make them and try to pass off as legitimate masons...

Mindovermatter Ace

What you are saying is irrelevant as far as clandestine. Yes they do have travel cards and although their lodges are deemed irregular they're ritual not so much. I am referring to non-masons. Clandestine is debatable. As far as a grand lodge seal, who is going to spend money on a seal just to join a forum? Secondly if not a travel card the MM Certificate would be better since they wouldn't be as easy to duplicate.

Cblack

What is debatable about clandestine masons? You would be surprised how far one would go to make himself look legitimate...I would lean more towards a certificate as well

vangoedenaam

Premium Member
How are you gonna judge the realness of my Dutch certificate? Is there anyone able to do that for the entire world?

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
It is impossible to fully tyle an online forum. Even the most well-vetted sites I know of, with multiple checks (including phone calls to lodge secretaries) aren't completely safe.