My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

questions brothers ask and answer in public?

AfterLodgeBruce

I actually recorded myself saying Pennsylvania about a half dozen different times, each with different inflections, and tones. Although we ended up going with that one, I'm pretty sure that recording is still lurking around somewhere. Maybe in another 10 shows or so, when we have enough "extras" to fill an hours worth of time, we can work that in there.

vangoedenaam

Premium Member
The way you guys say certain words is, well, interesting. But we digress, albeit masonically.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

vangoedenaam

Premium Member
There are some special questions we ask in my country, but discussing them here wouldnt be helpful...

brother blaine

Thank you brother it's nice meeting new brothers of the craft and getting to know them, we all know what goes on in the lodge if we are true brother of masonry no reason to bring up the inter workings of it, maybe just me but the ones that want to talk about the Inter workings maybe are outsiders

marty15chris

Premium Member
I met a brother in the chow hall just yesterday. All I had to do was say"Hi I noticed your ring from across the room" I introduced myself and what lodge I was from as did he and that was all that needed to be said. He is going to email the schedule for the lodge here and once we are at lodge we'll get a the formal questions asked and answered.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I was signing a customer in for service yesterday and he asked me, "Are you a Mason?" I said yes, he said me, too, and a quick conversation followed. Turns out we've crossed paths at Officer Association meetings, but never actually met.

dfreybur

Premium Member
The way you guys say certain words is, well, interesting. But we digress, albeit masonically.

That works well within a jurisdiction because it leads by a circuitous path to a discussion of local lodges. Furthermore since the wording is different jurisdiction to jurisdiction the grand hail might not be noticed even by a brother. Any obsolete or repetitive wording or grammar is worth checking on.

Virgin Islands Brother

Yea I asked a guy one time if he was a traveling man and I quote he said( I have been to Wisconsin a few times)

I'm sorry, but I'm running with this one. I will cite you as the source. However, I'm going to wear this out.

TheHelix

I think it is kind of ridiculous to challenge, try or examine a man, you have never met in your entire life, just because you think or suspect he may be fraternal. Before I became a brother, I was at a church convention, wherein I was leading a Bible study and afterwards, an elderly gentleman walked up to me and asked.....Something tells me you are a traveling man.....working in advertising sales, all I could answer with was.....Yep, I travel a lot for work. Challenges and attempts at examination, should not be as easily shared aloud, as they sometimes are.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
This discussion is not about modes of recognition its about how to ask someone if they are a Bro Mason. I prefer the When were u raised approach.

jwhoff

Premium Member
The questions I generally ask a man I believe to be a Brother are, "Are you a Mason?" and "Which Lodge do you belong to?"
Tricky! But if they are listening close, they ought to be able to answer either of these. I suppose.