Social Media Policy

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by bupton52, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

True.

2. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

I know my mouth is bad, if I have used offensive language I I apologize....

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256 likes this.
  3. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Well, there was that time you called me a big poopie head. :)

4. acjohnson53

No I didn’t ...LOL

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256 likes this.
  5. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

That's some harsh words there....tsk tsk tsk...

Warrior1256 likes this.
  6. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

No. These sites have their own policies and enforcement guidelines.

BTW - Each GL has already "determined" how its members should act. Their rules, regulations and morality plays dictate what these acted out behaviors should be.

However, I know of not one GL who actually TEACHES its members how to bring about those supreme acts. Until one does, any further "rules and policies" would be analogous to saying we must all fly and never providing wings and instructions to use them. To rule that we should all fly sounds grand and lofty, however without proper instruction and empowerment to do so, any enforcement of non-flyers is punishing the unschooled.

7. Glen Cook

I was hurt. Hurt I tell you.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  8. Warrior1256

LOL!!!! You guys........!

9. acjohnson53

10. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

I don't think so but "he*kuva" is.

11. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

Actually, it was me! ;)

Glen Cook likes this.
  12. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

That's why controlling our own behavior is so problematic.

13. Bro. P.W.Wesson PM

Bro. P.W.Wesson PM Registered User

Being a Mason is a Responsibility held in high regards, we must let our light so shine in righteous Behavior. I often caution Brothers not to argue Masonary, it destroys your morality as Brothers.

Bloke and Warrior1256 like this.
  14. MasonicHermit

MasonicHermit Registered User

That sounds more like a dismissal of what masonry is really about (if they aren't using the principles of masonry, what's the point?). I'm not saying that you are doing this in no regard, but as a new member I wonder of the character building of masons who view things in this light.

Nothing should be mandatory but new members look to "experienced" masons for guidance. Should they (the experienced) not be what I aspire to be one day? If so....... Why not better oneself if you are given the tools to do so?

Sent from my LG-M153 using My Freemasonry mobile app

15. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Or merely an acknowledgement that we're supposed to all be big boys and that being big boys, we should not have to have the morality police watching us for infractions. We are to take our own inventory, not the inventory of others. The point is to introduce men to things that can make them better, if and when they should so choice that direction. Otherwise, you're butting in where angels should fear to tread.
    Any wondering should be focused upon your own morality, not that of others, unless the morality of others is negatively impacting you directly. When their morality affects you negatively, you have a right to speak up and take suitable action. Otherwise, you're diverting your focus in directions you have no business traveling. And before you go quoting our charges, understand those are things that are very specific - it's best to familiarize yourself with those specifics before you make yourself out to be foolish.
    Yes, and when they wise up and realize far too many of those "experienced" members ain't got a clue, they finally look to their "good book" for the guidance they should have sought to begin with.
    Yep! BINGO!

16. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I had this the other day from a potential applicant as one of his many questions..

Q: Can you please explain the ethics of Freemasonry?
    A: Freemasonry calls you to be a better man, especially acting with integrity, honour and as a Gentleman, but it is not some sort of moral police and only in extreme cases should Freemasonry formally regulate its members behaviour, such as after breaking the law, like by robbing a bank. If your not breaking the law and being a good person, you're going to be within acceptable behavious as a Freemason, but always remember this; Freemasonry calls you to be a better person, and you cannot be that person when you are doing the wrong thing.

The answer was given during a conversation. I wonder if it is too simplistic... but it needs to be so the discussion does not take 3 hours, or longer...
    Thoughts ?

17. Glen Cook

You aren’t yet a new member. Perhaps wait until you are to tell us what should be mandatory?

18. Warrior1256

What he said!

Hancock, Bill Lins and MasonicHermit like this.
  19. hanzosbm

hanzosbm Premium Member

In my opinion, it's unnecessary and can only lead to problems.

These things are already covered in the obligation, charges, and other parts of the ritual. If GL feels he's being unMasonic, then bring him up on charges of such.
    My concern is the minutiae into which GL would likely get into it and/or broad, sweeping generalizations.

In addition, while I think each brother should conduct himself as a gentleman, I recall something about our obligations pertaining to Freemasonry alone.

Bill Lins and Warrior1256 like this.
  20. Warrior1256

Agreed.

Share My Freemasonry