My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas Beer

Favorite Texas Beer

• Shiner

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Lonestar

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Rahr

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Franconia Brewing Company

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zeigenbock

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Pearl

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

John Schnitz

Premium Member
Im sorry brethern I love the old Bud Light. Never could aquire a taste for anything else.

John Schnitz
tolerance 1165
Junior Steward

Last edited:

C. Banks Barbee

Im sorry brethern I love the old Bud Light. Never could aquire a taste for anything else.

John Schnitz
tolerance 1165
Junior Steward

Eek. Has anyone seen that Bud Select 55? Really? Should people watching their calories to that small of a detail really be drinking anything other than water or some derivative thereof?

THemenway

SHINER!!!
I agree, Zeig is a very close #2.
Lone Star (Light) #3

Saint Arnold has some pretty good stuff as well.
I haven't drank a Pearl since I was like 13!

M.Prejean

St. Arnold's Spring Bock is tops for Texas. I just had a left-over Shiner Black though, and really enjoyed that too.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
For me I would have to go with Shiner for Texas beer. My usual is Guiness but if you really want a good US beer try Harpoon out of Boston. Got hooked on that when I was on Boston.

Sent from my iPhone using Freemasonry

MikeMay

Premium Member
1st Beer would be Shiner if we're talking Texas Beer, after that it doesn't matter as the taste buds don't care what it is...:17:

My first choice is always Guinness....if you can see through it, its just water!:8:

kwilbourn

Shiner is a nice "mainstream" beer. It amazes me how much it has spread outside of Texas in the last few years.

I like a lot of the local brews I have tried in the Austin area. 512 Brewery and Live Oak Brewery both have great lineups. I don't care for the 512 Wit, but everything else I have tried has been great. From 512 my favorites are the Pecan Porter and the Pale; Live Oak I prefer the Primus, but it's Winter seasonal only.

There is also Southern Star Brewery out of Conroe, TX. They are fairly new I believe, but the "Bombshell Blonde" is one of the better beers I've tried in the past year.

As others have mentioned, St. Arnold's has a good lineup too. I like the Fancy Lawnmower.

kwilbourn

Has anyone tasted the beers from Jester King? It's brewed in Austin and is said to be the best in the state.
I've tried the "Commercial Suicide"; it was a pretty tasty English style Ale if I remember right. Will have to look for more of their other varieties to try in the future.

DeadTex

The Black Metal Imperial Stout is nothing less than phenomenal. I was told by the beer seller at Gabriel's in San Antonio that we should have some down here next month. If you like Russian stouts or even Guiness then you will love it.
Honestly, any thing Jester King has made has been good. I just prefer the darker beers.