My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for the join

skopasz

I'm currently an EA with Wantagh Morton #63 Baldwin NY, active duty military and now stationed in NJ so debating on switching GL to continue my education or try to make the drive back and forth.

dfreybur

Premium Member
Welcome to the family newly adopted brother.

While still going through your degrees it does not make sense to change jurisdictions. The mechanism for moving your membership from lodge to lodge is affiliation with the new lodge plus optionally demit from the old lodge. The word "membership" implies already being a Master Mason.

Ask a local lodge about taking your next degree "by courtesy". There's some paperwork to be exchanged then it allows you to continue your progression through your degrees. Most lodges are happy to do degrees for other lodges. Should you decide to take this route expect it to take a few months while the paperwork goes back and forth then a couple of months to get onto the calendar.

skopasz

I was informed that since this area falls under a different GL that the local lodge didn't want to cross any jurisdictional boundaries. So I'm basically stuck driving from the middle of NJ to Long Island or switch my GL for a year and then again in another year when I move again so trying to learn what I can in my own