Various Questions

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by RobertTheBruce, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Because you are obviously phishing for info. There are no financial benefits of joining. If anything there are financial hardships, in that you have to pay dues. The things you say strike me as an anti-mason in disguise

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

2. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

Hello.
    I'm not "fishin", Sir. This sounds kind of "illegal". I'm just askin'. Trying to get information. It's normal.

No. I'm not "anti-mason".
    I'm trying to be objective.

3. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

If you want all this "information" you speak of, go to the nearest book store, or Masonic lodge and inquire there. Asking me and my brother masons to go into details about what goes on inside a tyled lodge is against our obligation and it's offensive. Not to mention you have been told multiple times we don't discuss what goes on in our tyled lodge. They have answered every one of your questions to the best of their ability. If that's not enough head to the library of Congress. You almost come off as a guy trying to gain the secrets of Freemasonry without joining freemasonry. And another thing, if you want to join freemasonry for the benefits, your joining the wrong organization. Look into the Rotary Club or possibly the Elks Lodge.

4. Ripcord22A

There are things that we say here that tell the brothers what we are talking about. We dont have to go in to specifics cause they know what we are talking about, you being uninitiated dont know and even though youve been told multiple times that we cant tell you, you continue to ask and then you also interject your opinions into our discussions on masonic protocol ect ect

Warrior1256 likes this.
  5. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Another post indicates he is in Turkey. If he is, there is a legitimate grand lodge there.

Ressam likes this.
  6. Ripcord22A

I did not know that Brother. Learn something new everyday

7. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Right!
    Also right!

8. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

No, this is merely a Masonic forum. There is no one official voice for Masonry. No one man may speak for Masonry, no single lodge or Grand Lodge is the ultimate authority.

9. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

Ressam, there are a large number of Lodges in Istanbul, whence you indicate you are located. Your inquiries would better be directed to them and not us. As repeatedly indicated before, we will not answer your improper and inappropriate questions here. Any further violations will result in your expulsion from this site.

Center, Ressam, Ripcord22A and 2 others like this.
  10. Warrior1256

Very true, I have only been an MM for 19 months and have heard this many times.
    Maybe now he will finally get the point.

Ressam and Classical like this.
  11. The Traveling Man

The Traveling Man Registered User

If you tell them that is why you are joining you will more than likely be turned away, and rightfully so. That isn't the reason Good Men join Masonry. I suggest you contact the Grand Lodge where you are and ask for more information. They can send you a brochure that can provide you with some history of Masonry (including the history of Masonry in your area), a little about who we are and what we do. Then you can decide if you really are interested.

Warrior1256 and Ressam like this.
  12. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

Thanks everyone!
    I've got it!

13. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

Dear Gentlemen.
    Question:
    Can a "Freemason" from Clandestine(Wild, masonicly illegal) Lodge be -- friends(have good relations) with a Freemason form Regular Lodge?
    Thanks!

14. Warrior1256

A Freemason can be friends with anyone he wants to be friends with but he can not Masonically communicate with someone from a clandestine lodge nor attend the lodge.

15. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

I've understand, Mr.Warrior. Thank You!

If possible -- could You, please, explain that?

16. Warrior1256

He can not talk about what goes on in rituals, means of recognition, and certain other things with a clandestine mason.

Derinique Kendrick and Ressam like this.
  17. Ressam

Ressam Registered User

Being friends & not talking about that. I've understand. Thanks. :)

18. Gary Harper

Gary Harper Registered User

Hey everyone this is "RobertTheBruce," I lost my password to this forum and tried multiple times to recover my password for more than a week now and I never got an email, so I registered via Facebook. Surprised to see my threads still going! Though it certainly seems to have been driven off topic. For any future posts can you guys stick to my original questions? What did you join first, the Scottish Rite, York Rite or Shriners and why? Also what was the petitioning process like for you?

EDIT: P.S. Let me state for the record my intentions with the fraternity are far different then "Ressam." I have a genuine interest in Freemasonry, which started when I first learned about it and was told it was a "fraternity based around morality," which is perfect. I am always interested in finding ways of bettering myself and my community and I am also interested for social aspects. I have been trying to do as much research as I can without learning things I'm not supposed to. I recently ordered The Complete Idiot's Guide to Freemasonry by S. Brent Morris and it was a great read, very educational. I hope to call you guys brothers some day. I'm planning on petitioning very soon, wish me luck!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Warrior1256 likes this.
  19. Warrior1256

Great!

20. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Are you new to internet discussion threads? That will NEVER happen! :p

Share My Freemasonry